What's new

Little Fossil Bone

BeachComber7

Sr. Member
Joined
May 12, 2012
Messages
462
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Location
Treasure Coast-Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer and Tesoro deLeon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a cool little bone I traded for, maybe a leg bone? But to what? Any thoughts? It was found in the usual place on beach, and because it is in remarkable condition, I don't think it tumbled too long in the surf.
 

Attachments

  • little bone.webp
    little bone.webp
    53 KB · Views: 334
  • little bone (2).webp
    little bone (2).webp
    55.8 KB · Views: 260
  • little bone (3).webp
    little bone (3).webp
    48.9 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
Here is a cool little bone I traded for, maybe a leg bone? But to what? Any thoughts? It was found in the usual place on beach, and because it is in remarkable condition, I don't think it tumbled too long in the surf.

The bone appears to be a camel proximal phalanx . . . a toe bone. It might articulate with your distal cannon bone.
cameltoesgiant.webpcamel_composite_foot.webp​
 
Wow Harry, Dang you're good!! I am glad you could ID it and yes, will place it with my camel llama leg bone! Thanks!!
 
Very nice shape
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom