What's new

little help ace 250 guys

skaufman77

Greenie
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
might be a dumb question but here we go,im going to detect some 150+ year old homes, what would you set your detector on coins,relic etc. so i dont tare up ther yards??? thanks :dontknow:
 
it doesn't matter with that detector.just notch out every thing up to a dime.
 
I'd put it in jewelry mode and notch down sensitivity 2 clicks.

good luck.
 
well what setting to use depends upon what you want to find --just old coins or are you looking for relics as well ?--- to advise you properly as to how to "best" set it up --we need to know what yer after first.
 
If you get on youtube there are several good videos about the 250 and how to dig plugs without killing the grass. I set mine according to the site, it all depends on the amount of trash in the area you want to hunt.

HH Charlie
 
i will be looking for coins and relics. thanks for your help!
 
if you want "relics" that means iron stuff --then you gotta go in all metal made and dig it all -
 
Just a bit of advice on coins. The indian pennies I have dug in the past have all hit a little below penny on the 250.

When I ran the 250 I would hunt in relic mode but only dig the decent coin signals. The deeper the target is, the more iffy the signal becomes. So, any signal I got in relic mode I would stop and investigate. If it appeared to be a deeper target I would try to get a half decent and somewhat consistent coin signal out of it by walking around the target. Sometimes those deeper iffy signals turned out to be coins. Sometimes they were junk. Experience will eventually help you know which ones to dig and which ones to pass up.

-Swartzie
 
Discrimination and settings don't have anything to do with tearing up the yard. You must strive to cut the smalles plugs possible and be sure to replace all plugs you cut. Put your dirt and grass on a towel to be sure to get it all back and so you won't overlook something in the dirt you dig out. Some people even carry a small squirt bottle of water and water the plugs slightly when replacing them. Monty
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom