What's new

Little Help on Age, Please

Joe G from Md

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2017
Messages
618
Reaction score
1,637
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000Di Pro plus/ Whites 5900/ started with Whites 4900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this long ago, have been wearing it ever scence. It already had the hole for necklace, I added little brass ring, been wondering how old it is? Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • 014.webp
    014.webp
    102.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 015.webp
    015.webp
    505.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 021.webp
    021.webp
    42.3 KB · Views: 92
They started to be popular I believe in the 1970's. You'd put your penny in a machine and pay the machine to flatten it with an inscription. They are still around at the tourist places.
 
Upvote 0
I agree with Smokey. Looks like the penny is all copper, so that would make the coin itself pre-1983 but of course coins of all years circulate so it could have been pressed fairly recently or 40 years ago.
 
Upvote 0
I agree with Smokey. Looks like the penny is all copper, so that would make the coin itself pre-1983 but of course coins of all years circulate so it could have been pressed fairly recently or 40 years ago.

Thanks Guy's I dug this in early eighties, again thanks for info.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom