What's new

Little microammo.

Matejko

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2005
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Warsaw-Poland
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm V
Hi.

Found this today, and I wonder what kind of a riffle is this ammo for?
Very tiny bullet with probably plastic top.
I suppose that is for some kind of light hunting gun, used to hunt for rabbits or birds.



Pozdrawiam. Matejko :occasion14:
 

Attachments

  • 22-250.webp
    22-250.webp
    16.1 KB · Views: 408
Upvote 0
I also agree with Rando, and the headstamp is for Federal Cartridge Company.

Chuck.
 
Upvote 0
100% no doubt 17hmr. ok now post another one! lol.
17hmr has only been around for like 6 years or so
 
Upvote 0
But why the red tip? Is it plastic or teflon tip?........NGE
 
Upvote 0
The way I understood the function of the ballistic tip was so when the plastic tip hits something it gets forced down into the lead causing it to mushroom.
 
Upvote 0
Another function of the ballistic tip would be a better coefficient. (Ballistic coefficient basically means how well a bullet fights air resistance) You would have better accuracy because of the standard bullet shape that would allow it to cut through the air better but it would also have as much of the bullets weight toward the rear which will also help to stabilize it. The more weight you can get to the back, the better. I did a little bit of studying terminal ballistics a couple years ago just for fun.
 
Upvote 0
I had heard before that there was a new illegal round out, that would pierce body armor, that was either plastic tipped or teflon tipped, that is why I was wondering..........NGE
 
Upvote 0
I remember them mentioning "black talon" rounds in one of the Leathal Weapon movies, they called them "cop killers".

So are these rifle rounds or pistol rounds?
 
Upvote 0
nowgittineverything said:
I had heard before that there was a new illegal round out, that would pierce body armor, that was either plastic tipped or teflon tipped, that is why I was wondering..........NGE
I think this might be what you are talking about.
300px-57lineup.webp

300px-FN-P90.webp

I remember reading about the FN P90 chambered for this round not long after it was introduced. The article mentioned something about if you were not military or LE you couldn't get your hands on it due to it penetrating body armor. I was a little puzzled when a sporting version of the P90 came on the market. The ammo available to the civilian market has been reworked
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom