What's new

Little Pewter Item

Hunthicks

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2009
Messages
804
Reaction score
466
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've posted this on another site but thought - the more eyes the better chance someone will have seen a similiar item before. It was my first find of the year and one of my favorite, more intriguing finds to date. The area it was found in has been inhabited since the early to mid 1700s to present day.
The item appears to be pewter with a thin copper or brass "wash" on the front. Item is roughly 1.25" x 1" and has tulips and diamonds on it. No apparent writing of any kind. Appears if it may have been part of a bigger piece at one point. Any help will be much appriecated!! :)
100_1058.jpg

100_1059.jpg
 
images are missing
 
Upvote 0
Fixed em, too many img codes in there :-P
 
Upvote 0
I guess part of a broken late 19th C horse Rosette. Just a guess based on the lead back, brass easy to shine front :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
I guess part of a broken late 19th C horse Rosette. Just a guess based on the lead back, brass easy to shine front :icon_thumright:
That's the consensus I've heard, I know I like the design....something about it just says older, but I'll defer to the experts. Thanks!
 
Upvote 0
Hunthicks said:
CRUSADER said:
I guess part of a broken late 19th C horse Rosette. Just a guess based on the lead back, brass easy to shine front :icon_thumright:
That's the consensus I've heard, I know I like the design....something about it just says older, but I'll defer to the experts. Thanks!

Generally, if it were earlier (in the UK, I guess the US), it would be lead-alloy or pewter with (gold) guilt over it.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom