What's new

Little shield, and a little silver ring

Vino

Banned
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
3,804
Reaction score
5,046
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped for a hour before I got called back to work.
Has anyone seen a shield like this before? Iam thinking it could be off a knife or something like that.
It was found at a old home site from the mid 1700s.
Thanks for looking George
 

Attachments

  • 1439002571092.webp
    1439002571092.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 132
  • 1439002581565.webp
    1439002581565.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 125
  • 1439002592525.webp
    1439002592525.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 125
  • 1439002605645.webp
    1439002605645.webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 16
Very intricate looking ring. Would have been nice for the stone to be there.
 
I second RJ55, that ring looks like a work of art, would love if the stone had still been there, great find.
 
George you better get you butt back over to that spot and find the rock that went in that ring. Could be a 4 karat mamajamma! lol. Cool ring and that shield is damn cool
 
Very intricate looking ring. Would have been nice for the stone to be there.

Thanks Rj55, I looked in the hole for it. But no dice..
 
George you better get you butt back over to that spot and find the rock that went in that ring. Could be a 4 karat mamajamma! lol. Cool ring and that shield is damn cool

Ill trade ya for the COB????
 
Very nice ring, love the detail. The little shield thing is very good as well!
 
George, your little shield looks like a shoe button cover. I found one last year. Member nhbenz thought this style was popular in the 1920's.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1439024605.413459.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1439024656.892613.webp

That ring looks very ornate. I would not have even expected a Sterling mark on it. Would have been great to have found the stone too.
 
Last edited:
I found a ring very similar to that one earlier this year. It was actually the first ring i ever found. It was marked sterling as well. Mine had a big red "stone" in it which looks non precious to me. I'll get a pic when I'm home.
 
Awesome ring, that shield is pretty cool too
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom