What's new

Little silver,little gold [plate I think] ,and Misc.

Merf

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
3,766
Reaction score
2,276
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro, Quest x10 idmaXx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I headed back to the fairgrounds today and found this silver medal and gold ring--plated I think.
Also some odd brass hardware, junk, and clad.
Perfect weather but tough digging. About half the area is gravel under about 2 inches of sod.
Best luck to all, Merf
 

Attachments

  • 6-8-07 011.webp
    6-8-07 011.webp
    121.4 KB · Views: 419
  • 6-8-07 002.webp
    6-8-07 002.webp
    101.7 KB · Views: 409
Upvote 0
Seems like it was a good day for you.
 
Take away the nice cross and this looks like my average finds ;D

Very nice.

Badger
 
great pics merf ! and looks like some very nice finds that cross is a beaut ;)
 
Merf,
Beautiful cross and AWESOME picture of it. Looks holy!
In your 2nd picture, I think that twisted screw looking item may have come off of a unicorns head? Those are extremely rare. ;D
Nice finds.
Congrats,
MM
 
[from ModernMiner]

[In your 2nd picture, I think that twisted screw looking item may have come off of a unicorns head? Those are extremely rare.]


ModernMiner.--Thanks for the tip.

There was a local unicorn from nearby that lost his horn in a hunting accident two years ago. [they claimed it was an accident , I think otherwise]
I think what I found is his prosthetic horn which he probably lost while drunk at the fair. ;D ;D
 
Merf said:
[from ModernMiner]

[In your 2nd picture, I think that twisted screw looking item may have come off of a unicorns head? Those are extremely rare.]


ModernMiner.--Thanks for the tip.

There was a local unicorn from nearby that lost his horn in a hunting accident two years ago. [they claimed it was an accident , I think otherwise]
I think what I found is his prosthetic horn which he probably lost while drunk at the fair. ;D ;D

LMAO! ;D
-MM-
 
Hey, Merf. Had to stop by your post, you've always got something interesting. I wore a medal exactly like that one for quite a few years. What does it say on the back? Mine said "I am a catholic, please call a priest" or something close to it. I think I got it in fourth grade.

Your second picture reminds me of my usual finds...dirty clad.

MP
 
;D Great post!
Congrats on the nice assortment of finds, great keepers!

Smiles!
BDoo
 
Thanks to all.

Here is the back of the medal MP. I also wore one similar years ago.
 

Attachments

  • 6-8-07 014.webp
    6-8-07 014.webp
    106.8 KB · Views: 182

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom