What's new

live fossil?

lazooro

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2008
Messages
370
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Sezana
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, TESORO TEJON
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i found this creature and i cannot tell and find any ID.. do you have some ideas?? it is about half cm ( 5-7 mm)
greetings
 

Attachments

  • DSC03182.webp
    DSC03182.webp
    50.6 KB · Views: 451
It looks like some sort of tick.
Newt
 
legs are alike but this creature has no mouth part to sting into...and huge against ticks..this one is dark but i saw them transparent..
???
 
8 legs... spider? :icon_scratch: Or a REALLY ugly tick...
Gonna go with a spider though. :thumbsup:

Bran <><
 
godisnum1 said:
8 legs... spider? :icon_scratch: Or a REALLY ugly tick...
Gonna go with a spider though. :thumbsup:

Bran <><

it is really ugly one..well i am bit scared of them because i don't know what is it and absolutely nothing about them.
i say this because i find them in my apartment.. they have concave shell and that is all i can say..my first thought was that is a pigeon parasite or something alike..but not sure about that - they are just too big.
hope it is not a new kind because it is too ugly to have my name :tongue3:
 
A post in "what is it" might be warranted.
Newt
 
Yeah, if you found it inside where you live, I would
wanna find out what it is too...

I agree, wouldn't want it named after me either.. :laughing7:
 
Wow, I have no idea what the heck that is, but I do know that you can keep it and all of it's buddies. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

I'm curious as to what it is also.

HH
DB

Edit ---- I found this website, but haven't seen a close match yet. Gearing towards some kind of a mite. I think it's only 6 legs, with the two front antennae/feelers.

www.whatsthatbug.com
 
Arthropods have jointed legs. Grouped within arthropods are insects who have six legs. Eight jointed legged arthropods are not insects. One group of 8-legged arthropods is called arachnids--and this may be one. (Still checking further and learning as I go.)
Edit: Arachnids comprise over 100,000 named species, including spiders, scorpions, harvestmen, ticks, and mites.
 
discovery_bound said:
Wow, I have no idea what the heck that is, but I do know that you can keep it and all of it's buddies. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

I'm curious as to what it is also.

HH
DB

Edit ---- I found this website, but haven't seen a close match yet. Gearing towards some kind of a mite. I think it's only 6 legs, with the two front antennae/feelers.

www.whatsthatbug.com

thank you for that page. i asked them so we will see if they know. if they answer. btw there are 8 legs i can confirm that..not slow quite fast too when they move.
 
Newt said:
A post in "what is it" might be warranted.
Newt

yes would be cool to solve this one..but i think there is not such section for my question??
 
Dang! Nasty boogers.
Newt

GENUS
Argas
SPECIES reflexus
LOCATION In Europe: France, Britain, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Poland, Italy,
Spain and Switzerland. Also found in the Middle East
HABITAT Lives in the nest of its host
LIFE CYCLE May survive for years
MATING HABIT Mating takes place off host in nest
FEEDING HABIT Once fed it can survive for long periods
The bite is very painful
Infestation may cause pigeon death
HOSTS Mostly targets the domestic pigeon
May also be found on other birds and chickens
Adults are accidentally found on horses and man
DISEASES Transmits West Nile virus, Tick borne encephalitis (TBE), Borrelia
anserina (fowl spirochaetosis), Aegyptianella pullorum (fowl
piroplamosis), Rickettsia conorii (Q fever), Borrelia burgdorferi
(Lyme disease)
SIZE Female: 6.5-10 mm

Male: 5-7.5 mm
Unfed Nymph: 3.5-6.5 mm
REFERENCES HILLYARD 1996
 
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!!! :o

I SAID THEY ARE TOO BIG FOR SUCH SMALL BIRDS.. PIGEONS WERE SUSPICIOUS FOR ME..BUT NEVER THOUGH FOR REAL!
SO THAT IS WHY THIS ONE IS DARK..PIGEON BLOOD..UHH
NASTY NASTY CREATURE..SO I CANNOT DO ANYTHING BECAUSE CITY IS FULL OF PIGEONS..
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!
NOW AT LEAST I KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON!
GREETINGS AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR HELP!
 
Newt said:
Dang! Nasty boogers.
Newt

GENUS
Argas
SPECIES reflexus
LOCATION In Europe: France, Britain, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Poland, Italy,
Spain and Switzerland. Also found in the Middle East
HABITAT Lives in the nest of its host
LIFE CYCLE May survive for years
MATING HABIT Mating takes place off host in nest
FEEDING HABIT Once fed it can survive for long periods
The bite is very painful
Infestation may cause pigeon death
HOSTS Mostly targets the domestic pigeon
May also be found on other birds and chickens
Adults are accidentally found on horses and man
DISEASES Transmits West Nile virus, Tick borne encephalitis (TBE), Borrelia
anserina (fowl spirochaetosis), Aegyptianella pullorum (fowl
piroplamosis), Rickettsia conorii (Q fever), Borrelia burgdorferi
(Lyme disease)
SIZE Female: 6.5-10 mm

Male: 5-7.5 mm
Unfed Nymph: 3.5-6.5 mm
REFERENCES HILLYARD 1996

DAMN WITH SUCH DISEASES I HAVE NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE!
MUST SAY THAT I HAVE LOT OF ALLERGIES.. :(
 
That thing is ugly, creepy, disgusting and a whole bunch of other words! Nasty looking creature.

Glad you now know what your are dealing with.
 
THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING ME!!!

INDEED I HAVE NASTY ALLERGIC :-(
I HOPE I WILL FIND SOME WAY TO SOLVE IN MY FAVOR.. MY HANDS ARE ALL RED AND SOME PLACES ARE ALREADY WHITE AND DEAD SKIN IS THICKENING..

http://www.whatsthatbug.com/category/ticks/

MUCH LUCK AND BEST REGARDS
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom