All Treasure Hunting
Hope you get lots of silver. Good luck.

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck but don't unwrap while you're driving!

OP
OP
Silversound

Silversound

Jul 11, 2009
SoCal
Bank 6 produced a nice 68 out of $90 in customer wrapped rolls. Banks 7 and 8 had no halves. flirted with cute girl #1 but did not attempt phone #. Cute, but not my type. ;)

OP
OP
Silversound

Silversound

Jul 11, 2009
SoCal
Who needs Rice A Roni when you've got...

UNCLE BEN'S!

Went in to the next bank and the teller asked how many halves I wanted. I had $100 left in my pocket so I said that much. She began to say ok but then turned on the "do you have an account with us?" pitch. I played my usual silly ignorant coin collector schpeal and then asked if they had any information about their "products" that I could take with me. (I've found that if I feign interest and let them do their sales pitch it usually results in me walking out with coin.) fortunately it worked again this time and the teller said she would get the halves ready while I speak with their account manager. So I spoke with their account manager and said that I was not prepared to open an account today but would like to take some information with me. She obliged and I went to the teller to pick up the coin. I thanked her profusely for making an exception and went in to the courtyard to enjoy the beautiful sunshine, clear skies and light breeze as I unwrapped the rolls (all customer wrapped btw). As if the gorgeous weather wasn't reward enough the first roll showed a glowing silver edge! I pulled it out to reveal a stunning 57 Franklin. It's been a long time since I've pulled one so I was prety happy. All the other rolls were skunked, but I'm still stoked! The day's about half over and I'm sitting pretty with 2 67's a 68 and a 57. The journey continues and as always pics will follow at the end of the day.

OP
OP
Silversound

Silversound

Jul 11, 2009
SoCal
Just made a huge dump, now I'm kinda hungry (funny how that happens, eh?) time for some grub then off to the final stretch!

OP
OP
Silversound

Silversound

Jul 11, 2009
SoCal
Ok, the day ended with two banks sans halves altogether. Totals for the day are one 57 franklin, one 67 and two 68's. Can't complain! It was a beautiful day and I had a great time.

Attachments

• IMG_0207.jpg
    IMG_0207.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0216.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0209.jpg
    IMG_0209.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0210.jpg
    IMG_0210.jpg