What's new

Loaded gun

mattgaudian

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2013
Messages
85
Reaction score
577
Golden Thread
0
Location
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found my first real gun last night. I believe is a H & R young America revolver. Looks to be still loaded. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463841090.278866.webp
 

Attachments

  • ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463840716.720210.webp
    ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463840716.720210.webp
    51.9 KB · Views: 286
Upvote 74
Why not? No heat, shock or fire involved.

MAYBE no reason at all to worry. As I said I am no expert. I have NO idea how old it is. I have NO idea if smokeless powder or black powder is in the cartridges inside. I error on the side of safety. IF a bullet fires since it is confined it will travel.

On anther site people were saying that gunpowder found underwater was harmless. I proved them wrong. I find over 50 30 cal. bullets a year from 1909 - 1918 unfired. The gunpowder is still as good as it was when it was made.

So if my caution is unwarranted, I accept that.
 
That's cool . Don't dig to deep you never know who or wat might be deeper down :)
 
Loaded Elecrolysis? I don't know how advisable that is!! HOWEVER, I don't claim to be an expert. Nice save!

That's the first thing that came to my mind too! Caution is the very best approach!
 
MAYBE no reason at all to worry. As I said I am no expert. I have NO idea how old it is. I have NO idea if smokeless powder or black powder is in the cartridges inside. I error on the side of safety. IF a bullet fires since it is confined it will travel.

On anther site people were saying that gunpowder found underwater was harmless. I proved them wrong. I find over 50 30 cal. bullets a year from 1909 - 1918 unfired. The gunpowder is still as good as it was when it was made.

So if my caution is unwarranted, I accept that.

Your perfectly right with that! Better safe than sorry. I accidentally fired a dug German K43 in my cellar during disassembly for cleaning. The bullet hit a concrete wall and luckily no harm was done. That rifle was in the ground for over 50 years back then....
 
That is all kinds of cool!!!
 
Don't see that very often. Very cool.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom