What's new

Lobo Super Traq in Salt Water

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2011
Messages
2,809
Reaction score
4,474
Golden Thread
0
Location
Stuart VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy All, I'm headed to New Jersey with my wife to visit her family and will be visiting Wildwood. I have a Tesoro LST and was wondering if it can be used in salt water? What settings would you use? Thanks Steve
 
Steve I am sorry to tell you that the Lobo will not work well even in the wet sand let alone in the shallow water. Salt is a mineral that detectors read and at the shore there is also Black Sand which also will affect the Lobo. It will false all over the place even at low sensitivity. It should do well in any dry sand though.
 
You'll kick butt in the dry sand. Gound balance in all metal, then flip it into Discriminate mode and set it at 4. Turn your Sensitivity to 8, and make sure you are in NORMAL soil mode. In the wet sand, turn your sensitivity down to 6, and discrimination up to 5, and keep your coil off the sand. I pop it into ALL Metal when I grid the towel line, because the Lobo WILL find gold chains in All Metal!
 
Thanks guys, I will post any finds after i get back. steve
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom