scoter
Tenderfoot
I just picked up an MD at a yard sale Saturday and I stopped at a park to play around with it. (I'm almost, but not quite a complete neophyte, having used one a few years ago for a couple of hours.) A parks employee passed by to kibbitz. I asked him if anyone ever reported to the park employees that they had lost jewelry or what-not. He answered that as a matter of fact a fellow had mentioned losing a large gold coin! He was vague about exactly where the man had been, but finally he narrowed it down to a particular area about the size of a large traffic circle. I went to work, and after about a half hour, I found this 38mm wide Chinese coin. I was proud of myself, particularly since I had garnered local intelligence to find it. I also found an Exxon Travel Club brass key ring token (to mail the keys to the Club and have them returned to the owner), and a brass horse shoe (I think) about the same size as the coin, and about $1.25 in clad coins.
I found that the same Chinese coin, in similar condition, had sold recently on ebay for a total of $5.49. I think it may be a Feng Shui lucky coin - but that's just a guess. I emailed the seller (in China) of the coin on ebay to find out what he knew about it (his listing description did not say much). He replied, but all he wrote was "Origin." So, I think he could not read or write English well enough to anwer my questions. Someone else must have written his listing.
I found that the same Chinese coin, in similar condition, had sold recently on ebay for a total of $5.49. I think it may be a Feng Shui lucky coin - but that's just a guess. I emailed the seller (in China) of the coin on ebay to find out what he knew about it (his listing description did not say much). He replied, but all he wrote was "Origin." So, I think he could not read or write English well enough to anwer my questions. Someone else must have written his listing.
Attachments
Upvote
0








