Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Upvote 0

MADJOKER

Jun 25, 2011
Missouri City, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Good luck! I am going out today to hit some baseball fields in my area now that the baseball season is over.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
BallsDeep

BallsDeep

Apr 30, 2012
Eastern Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Surf Dual Field, Garrett Carrot Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
awesome! hope you find bucket fulls!

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it's in a rougher part of town, go early and leave early. I have hunted a few times at a park that has a playground and a ballfield. I actually find more stuff out in the grass lawn between the two then I do at the ballfield and playground. I think other detectorists cherry pick around the two obvious areas and move on. So if the obvious places aren't working out for you, maybe try the not so obvious. Also bring a good tool for cutting through sod, I started with using a common garden trowel and just about gave myself carpel tunnel. The tools with serrations on the side really make the whole job easier and faster. Good luck!

OP
OP
BallsDeep

BallsDeep

Apr 30, 2012
Eastern Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Surf Dual Field, Garrett Carrot Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
If it's in a rougher part of town, go early and leave early. I have hunted a few times at a park that has a playground and a ballfield. I actually find more stuff out in the grass lawn between the two then I do at the ballfield and playground. I think other detectorists cherry pick around the two obvious areas and move on. So if the obvious places aren't working out for you, maybe try the not so obvious. Also bring a good tool for cutting through sod, I started with using a common garden trowel and just about gave myself carpel tunnel. The tools with serrations on the side really make the whole job easier and faster. Good luck!

Thanks for the tips! i have a gator digger that came with the option package with my MD. it is serrated and sturdy.

BigBeefy

Jan 19, 2010
Knoxvegas, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out to a baseball park today. I took my Fisher F2 out with the 8" coil. Found hand full of aluminum scraps, not canslaw tho. Also found a 1939 wheatie, a bicentennial quarter, couple clad nickles and dimes. Only covered about 8 square feet.
Next time I go I am taking my 4" coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread