What's new

Log cabin button? Cold Water Army flat button

Dig-MV

Full Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2014
Messages
106
Reaction score
696
Golden Thread
0
Location
Martha’s Vineyard
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How's it going everyone I don't post a lot on this forum but feel like it's time to step up. Went for a quick morning hunt before the honey do list started. Have been hitting an old farm field that I have permission to hunt and have pulling a lot of 1800's buttons. First I got a nice light artillery button that I really dig. Then hit this nice small button with a log cabin on it. I grew up in a log cabin and live in one currently seemed fitting. Think it's a political reform button? As I was walking out hit a "cold water army" button. After reading about it hoping it wasn't a sign from the MD gods. Any info would be great. HH
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    240.9 KB · Views: 200
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    188.8 KB · Views: 171
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    247.9 KB · Views: 204
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    184.6 KB · Views: 163
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    77 KB · Views: 160
Upvote 32
Log Cabin Button is a
President-Wm-Henry-Harrison-1840-Log-Cabin-Campaign button.

Cold Water Army is a Temperance Movement Button from the 1820's-1830's

Beautiful Light Artillery Script (1808 - 1821) button - think post 1812 era as it has stars - but fantastic finds congratulations!
​
 
Last edited:
Deepsecrets has given you an ID on the button, so I will just say that I like them all. That campaign button is a great find in my book.
 
That's three very nice buttons, congrats on the recoveries.
 
Firstly welcome, although you were a lucker for awhile.
''I don't post a lot on this forum'' - Made me laugh because this is your first post.

What is more serious is the great buttons, all pretty good in my eyes.
 
Last edited:
Sweet Light Artillery button:headbang:

~Blaze~
 
Those 3 seem to be as good reason as any to decide to post. Not sure which I like best.
 
Great save on the buttons. Love them all. HH!
 
Love them all! So interesting! Never seen anything like the Cold Water Army button before!
 
Interesting finds :treasurechest::thumbsup:
 
I love buttons very nice and unique
 
Three great buttons there! Love the Light Artillery button. I have never seen that small size Harrison button before nor have I seen that Cold Water Army button.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom