LOL Can you say Hypocrite

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when I buy it is extremely rare I offer less.
only if I'm near out of money at the time.

when I sell if someone offers me less it's rare
I say no. I don't look up prices when I buy or sell
Agreed. That’s what makes it fun! Having the know-how and then getting out in the wild and putting it to use. 99% of the time I’m buying something for a few bucks because it’s gone unrecognized.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed. That’s what makes it fun! Having the know-how and then getting out in the wild and putting it to use. 99% of the time I’m buying something for a few bucks because it’s gone unrecognized.
The thrill of the hunt? Ya gotta have good arrows (knowledge) got that. But the dickering (stalking) is a big part of it probably the funnest part. Then the trophy part . Look what I got for $ The meat part, how much I saved on. Now I've got $ left for the next hunt .

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see nothing wrong with getting a Deal/Steal
on a price. I once paid a few cents a piece for a hand full of tokens. made probably three hundred, give or take till I sold them all
which included a 1790's large cent.

this may have been the only time I bought to sell though ,
if memory serves. normally I buy to own. so I normally
stop at what it's worth to me. no more. when I saw the large cent in the box of tokens, along with some interesting ones,
and he said take a hand full for $3 or so, I Made sure My Handfull was personal Picks :laughing7: it wasn't like the guy was a newbie. he was a big antique lover.

it's those who complain when others do as they do, that bugs me.
I've sold a few vehicles on craigslist, it seems every time someone who comes to look always says "Do you hear that" Trying to make you think there is an engine noise, I usually remove the keys and thank them for looking. I've worked on cars for 40 years and have put up with too much BS.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've sold a few vehicles on craigslist, it seems every time someone who comes to look always says "Do you hear that" Trying to make you think there is an engine noise, I usually remove the keys and thank them for looking. I've worked on cars for 40 years and have put up with too much BS.
Got a trailer up now. Fools trying to low ball for less than what the wheels are worth. One guys called five times telling me he's the best offer I'll get. Referred him to the number for the county mental health unit & blocked his number.

You put an ad up with all the details. A pea brain calls up and asks the questions you've answered, and you have to ask did you read the ad?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread