Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,
Things have been very busy but are finally slowing down a bit for summer. One of my field sites was recently hayed so I checked with the farmer and he said that hunting between cuttings was not a problem. Spent a couple hours swinging Wed. at an old home site, 1873+. Didn't find much but dug a lone IHP, not the best shape. Later it was pointed out to me that 1868 is a key date. :thumbsup: While talking to the farmer I also got permission to hunt his yard, which he said was hunted years ago by a man "who owned one of the first detectors made." :laughing7: We'll have to see what he missed. Also found the neck to an old bottle....would have loved to find that one intact.

Gorgeous day to be out!

HH,
Michiganne
P1190301comp.jpgP1190312comp.jpgP1190313comp.jpgP1190316comp.jpgP1190324comp.jpg

Nice find , like finding IH but really like finding ones with a key date , Congrats and Good Hunting....

Sounds like fun Anne. Also sounds like you might have ample opportunity to score big in the farmers yard. Let us know how that turns out. You're right about the bottle-looks like it was a dandy. Good luck!

Hi Anne, that IH looks a lot better than the one I dug, yours is probably worth some money as I see good detail on it. You dig some nice old stuff from those fields, love that old cork-top bottle neck!

You know the pic is a little dark, but I can't help but think that that coin is in danm fine shape ! Esp. as a dug copper coin. Hey I found an IH penny today, yep in NS, and it did not look like that one, I assure you. I would have posted in today's finds.

The first pic. does indeed show it to be a "great day to be alive" Q Travis T.

Nice find.

Good luck out there.

Nice Find on the Indian.
I like to hunt the farm fields but not much for hunting yards.
Congrats on the Indian.
Happy Hunting
Kevin

:icon_thumright: nice find with that early Indian Anne!! cool bottle top too...glad you were able to get out, congrats and good hunting. hope you pull some oldies in that yard!

WTG Anne!!! Great find girly!!!:headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back