What's new

Long time no post, and a couple of heavy silver finds.

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2006
Messages
2,078
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
Location
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Hello everyone!!

I have been working my butt of the last month and havent had a lot of time to post on the forum. However, I read over some of the stuff when I get home before bed. I havent been out detecting in over a month now, so I am having some withdrawls LOL ;D

Well, We had some unclaimed property at work thats time was up for storage. My boss told me to go through it and take whatever I wanted before he took it down and donated it to Goodwill. So I was going through a few of the bags collecting pocket change for my jar when I saw a little bit of silver looking back at me.

Well, Actually....It's 2lbs 12oz of Silver!! Two silver plates, one is a 25th anniversry plate and the other is a 1956 Horse show award from the Oregon State Fair. The weight converts to a little over 40 troy ounces which at todays silver market price would be $512 x .925(sterling) = $473.60

2006_0710Image0011.jpg


2006_0710Image0013.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Nice stuff Storm! Good to hear from ya. Thats keeping a good eye out! Are ya going to sell it? WTG Coinman66
 
For a second there, I thought you dug them up!

Didn't you find a frying pan last year? :D

Nice to see you posting!

Congrats on the silver!


Ridley
 
There might be some collectors of horsie stuff that would pay a premium above the melt value for these on an auction site like eBay. Aewsome pick up ST!! Congrats!

Smiles!
BDoo
 
Dang Storm!
Looks like it paid off to work!
Good looking Silver!
Congrads.

Pentico
 
Stormtrooper, welcome back!

Those are some "heavy-duty" finds you've got there :o If those were buried underground, they probably would have fried the circuits on the detector.

As in golf, "It's not how, but how many" :D

Good to see you back!
 
Hey, I'd take that ALLL DAY!
 
thats a major score!! welcome back.
 
it pays to keep your eyes open :o great find storm ;)
 
Now that's a sweet find!
 
Welcome back. I second the remarks about the Horse plate. It probably has some value above melt
 
Yo dude! It's good to see that you're still among the living! NICE SCORE on the silver!!!!! That's COOL!!!

I recently scored some sterling that was gonna be taken to goodwill!!! A few pieces of flatware marked "sterling" ~ I salvaged a little over 400 grams ~ scored $100.00!!! SWEET!!!!
 
I've been wondering where you've been. I was gona say you got a mean old boss there until you showed us the plates he let you have. Nice guy! Hope you get back out into the field soon. HH Storm.

Desertfox
 
close up of hallmarks and makers stamp!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom