What's new

LOOK only if you like Hoes

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went a hunting today and found quite a bit of variety. These are all hoes mostly pieces Bits and Handles. I got 1 good one witch is the Tan one. That is one big hoe and she was heavy. It must of took a strong woman to use this one. The others are made out of a softer material maybe Slate. I usually leave these to the side of the field but I figured I would show them this time so the new people can see what they look like. Most look like a big flat rock. HH everyone, rock
 

Attachments

  • 100_3258.webp
    100_3258.webp
    309.4 KB · Views: 572
  • 100_3259.webp
    100_3259.webp
    269 KB · Views: 441
  • 100_3260.webp
    100_3260.webp
    274.2 KB · Views: 364
Upvote 0
I dont mind a honest response. If it isnt a hoe then thats ok. I just needed to find out before I throw it back. How else can somebody learn unless you ask.
Now how bout the one in the frame it has notches on the sides? What is that one?
 
i can't figure out why we have so many buffalo scapula hoes and shovels and no place else seems to have any

Larson, down here, the Ph level of the soil is not as kind to bone. You guys are lucky. We have really acidic land. Where I'm at, pottery is even a rare find. If bone is found here, it's not that old, in terms of history. Only 300-600 years old, from what I gather. Once in a while old bone tools show up. It's rare.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom