Look what I came across...

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last Sat. my Friend and I were set up at a local fair, we had a several of our displays set up for the public to view. This guy stopped by and spoke about an area where the early settlers came to, as you can see on the bottom it says, early 1800s- 1860s time period. So tonight took a peak on goggle earth and found the location he spoke of, but to further my research, I typed in the name of the old town and this is the map of the early area. As I checked the google earth view I noticed that most of the area is just fields, there is some new homes but not that many. This is an interesting find for sure, it could be a relic hunters dream then some, I will go down there some time when I have a few hours to spend asking the locals about getting permission to detect some of the fields. As you can see there were many homes with the names of the people that lived there. I might be busy before the snow falls, I wish I were retired, I would be on my way first thing in the morning. NT.

Attachments

• P9270667.JPG
    P9270667.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 473

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions