Look What I found today!! Well it found me...

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• V3i Detector.JPG
    V3i Detector.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 914
Upvote 0

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey THer, what kind of after-shave lotion did you have on, for that thingy to follow you home? I'm definately going to
consider changing mine, if that is the luck you have. :headbang:
Hope you have great luck with the new detector. Keep us posted on the exciting finds you make with your new "toy." :thumbsup:

(What's the difference between a boy and a man? the price of his toy.) Me, too. I want one of those under my Christmas
tree this Christmas.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice machine :icon_thumleft: you are going to love that ive used my buddy s and its a finder did you go for the wireless headphones ? it has a long learning curve but if your a whites user before its not so bad Good buy :thumbsup:

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Good choice,

If you know whites already it won't be a bad adjustment. It's a very good unit. Takes alot of practice like anything. I got mine to come to me. But at first it was weird until I learned the tones.

Good luck

Jer

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JerV3 said:
Good choice,

If you know whites already it won't be a bad adjustment. It's a very good unit. Takes alot of practice like anything. I got mine to come to me. But at first it was weird until I learned the tones.

Good luck

Jer

I've been using the Whites Eagle Spectrum for almost 20 years so yeah I know them a little bit.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This machine reminds me of the tackle that caught the angler. The principles of metal detection are simple, we (man) decide to over complicate it (its the gadget age - we like to fiddle, just like we like to upgrade our mobiles every year!). If you read or talk to pro's on the subject, most will tell you the more bells & whistles the more margin for error. I keep it simple with little or no discrim & as high a Ses as the ground allows. The only real way to be sure is to dig, the less you dig the less you find. Very simple. Trust your ears & not the VDU & you can't go wrong.

PS. This is not just directed at this machine alone but most of the latest generation, aimed at the consumer to upgrade. The new XP is another example I would not get as its too gimmicky.

KEEP IT SIMPLE Manufacturers, back to basics...(good depth, well ground balanced, different tones for different metals, fast recovery, stabble in trashy areas)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread