chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking for places to hunt (competitive & regular) and I ran across this... it sounds fun... What intrigues me about this hunt is its at night! check out the details in the link below...

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,329803.msg2380628.html#msg2380628

I did a day hunt recently you can check out the video below... (if your curious about what a competition hunt is)

Chukers

Upvote 0
If I wasn't all about detecting I'd think that was the craziest thing I had ever seen! :laughing7: To me there is something that's just strange about planting targets to find. (but it still beats soccer)

Iron Patch said:
If I wasn't all about detecting I'd think that was the craziest thing I had ever seen! :laughing7: To me there is something that's just strange about planting targets to find. (but it still beats soccer)

Its a fun thing... also it gives a chance for some detectorists to get coins they never had except you guys back east... you find all the good stuff LOL

chukers said:
Iron Patch said:

Its a fun thing... also it gives a chance for some detectorists to get coins they never had except you guys back east... you find all the good stuff LOL

I know all about it, done one before. :thumbsup: Just seems to go a little against the basic idea of finding stuff if you plant it first.

PS... One time a local club was doing a hunt and a guy dug a cob "by mistake." I'd guess they were quite surprised as most probably hadn't found coins much older than 100 years old.

Iron Patch said:
chukers said:
Iron Patch said:

I know all about it, done one before. :thumbsup: Just seems to go a little against the basic idea of finding stuff if you plant it first.

PS... One time a local club was doing a hunt and a guy dug a cob "by mistake." I'd guess they were quite surprised as most probably hadn't found coins much older than 100 years old.

Over here, Rallies are normally after 'natural' finds, however some seed tokens which can win prizes

Iron Patch said:

Hahahaha, I was watching the video with no sound and the "Benny Hill" song was going through my head the whole time I was watching it!!!! I think someone should dub the song over the video.

I barely get out to detect anymore, so I would take just about any kind of hunt at this point!

SCMDing said:
Iron Patch said:

Hahahaha, I was watching the video with no sound and the "Benny Hill" song was going through my head the whole time I was watching it!!!! I think someone should dub the song over the video.

I barely get out to detect anymore, so I would take just about any kind of hunt at this point!

Ok, you get what I'm saying. Nothing wrong with it but just one of those things. ;D

plehbah said:
All unnecessary extras should also be discouraged, such as clothes.

Socks and sandals would still be considered vital gear under these new rules.

Well being this one is at night I guess it won't matter LOL

Did you see how many coins he picked up that his etector did n ot go off on....Matt

I was wondering why he had his digger in his hand????? maybe for protection if some one tried to take something he found!!!!

Competition hunting sure is a weird thing... I prefer the normal non-planted oldies way. :dontknow:

Thanks for sharing!

mlayers said:
Did you see how many coins he picked up that his etector did n ot go off on....Matt

Well let me explain that... Most hunts they bury the coin 1 to 3 inches in the ground... for some reason they just threw these dimes on the ground... maybe it was too hot maybe there wasn't enough help... but using your eyes as much as your detector gets you just as much as your detector does...

Chug said:
I was wondering why he had his digger in his hand????? maybe for protection if some one tried to take something he found!!!!

I didn't need it... I think it was just habit.... now that field was used for hunts in years past... in fact a flying eagle and Indian Head cents were found from previous hunts....

I've never done s competitive night hunt... I usually do fairly well is day hunts because I am somewhat younger than most and can see and move pretty good... but a night hunt levels the playing field... no one can see and you certainly don't wanna move full speed at night... this is really going to be interesting!

Chukers

Just curious is there anyone that plans to go to this hunt?

Chukers

just remember as its seeded lower your sens really low most finds wont be over 4 inches deep dont want to pick up on random trash

also 1.39-1.41 did someone grab a rooster to make that sound or something?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back