What's new

Look what i got today

silvercop

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
it finally got here and i been given it a work out. bought 1000.00 of pennies at my dump bank, they sold them to me from the coin counter. just got finished with them all and so far i have 30 wheats, and 5 boxes of coppers. the machine is really fun. a bit loud though
 

Attachments

  • MVC-001S.webp
    MVC-001S.webp
    25.4 KB · Views: 597
  • MVC-003S.webp
    MVC-003S.webp
    24.1 KB · Views: 597
  • MVC-004S.webp
    MVC-004S.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 597
  • MVC-005S.webp
    MVC-005S.webp
    28.5 KB · Views: 580
Upvote 0
Very cool. =)

I was thinking of buying the cheap one... well... relative to the other ones... it's still darn expensive!

But I think I am going to try to build my own. Already ordered a couple parts for it, and my dad has a metal/welding shop, so it should be a fun little project. =) The wiring is going to be the trickiest part... =(

I hope your machine brings you many a wheat! and even an indian or two! =)

~Dave
 
I'm jealous. I need to get one someday.
I hope it brings you lots of treasures. Enjoy. :thumbsup:
 
just finished going through the copper boxes and ended up with 47 wheats.
 
Welcome to the club!
My apprentice is approaching the 3 mil mark and still ticking like a Timex!
 
I need to start manufacturing my own "ryedale" type machine, that man is making a killing.
 
I am very jealous! As the silver starts to dry up, more and more people will move to copper, and a ryedale is the best thing you can have to get copper!
 
that is why i bought mine. the silver in my area is drying up fast and i am going to do copper for a while.
 
I see that Andy changed the machine a little since I bought mine.

On mine, the hopper (Coin feed) is recessed into the machine. ON yours, I see he has lifted it up and out of the box itslef, more like a conning tower.

That is nice. It means when you clean it you don' thave to take it apart as much as I do.

I love my machine. I haven't used it as much as TxTim, or probably as much as SnB now (After a week! LOL That man is amazing!) but I'm getting real close to the 1MM point. I think I am over 1MM actually, but my counter was stuck for about 100,000 coins. It stuck between two numbers and just dind't go up. I tapped it but nothing. FInally, one day it clicked and started moving again.

You'll love it though. Although space can be an issue. I have a few tons of copper pennies in my garage, and the stack of $25 penny boxes is growing all the time. I'm not going ot sell until this economic slump is over and copper goes back up. Then I'll put them on ebay or sell them locally. I was seeing $130 for a $50 bag of copper last year, so I"m not excited about selling for $75 or so now. I"ll wait.

Good luck to you. YOU'll love it too.
 
jrf30 said:
I see that Andy changed the machine a little since I bought mine.

On mine, the hopper (Coin feed) is recessed into the machine. ON yours, I see he has lifted it up and out of the box itslef, more like a conning tower.

That is nice. It means when you clean it you don' thave to take it apart as much as I do.Good luck to you. YOU'll love it too.



jrf30,
The Coin Artist is the same as original, however this picture has the hopper extension on top of the main coin cup. Same as the Appretice, without the sheet metal enclosure. After the remaining batch of Coin Artist metal boxes are gone, About 8 left, I will discontinue that model, and go to just the Apprentice model.

Thanks for all the nice comments on the board to users of the machine.
Andy
 
Just wondering if there is any of these type of machines that will handle halves?
 
That seems like a really low number of Wheats to find in $1000. Is that normal for your area?

B
 
In AZ I'm averaging about 5.7 wheats per box now (Down a little from my 6.3 average last year)
 
my dump bank sells me the penny bags from their coin counting machine. seem to get more wheats with the bags since many people have penny jars that sit around for long periods of time before they bring them in to dump. they are also already loose and out of the rolls.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom