BFR Sr. Member Joined Oct 7, 2014 Messages 384 Reaction score 585 Golden Thread 0 Location Lower thumb knuckle Michigan Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 20, 2020 #1 I thought it was a button until I brushed the dirt off. It looks like it is hinged. And anything I can find on it, it looks to be from the late 1800s. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks BFR
I thought it was a button until I brushed the dirt off. It looks like it is hinged. And anything I can find on it, it looks to be from the late 1800s. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks BFR
smokeythecat Platinum Member Joined Nov 22, 2012 Messages 20,926 Reaction score 41,158 Golden Thread 10 Location Maryland 🥇 Banner finds 10 Detector(s) used XP Deus II Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 20, 2020 #2 They used those as links on fashion belts in the late 19th century. Upvote 0
nhbenz Gold Member Joined Dec 30, 2004 Messages 6,827 Reaction score 6,852 Golden Thread 0 Location Brentwood, NH Detector(s) used White's Classic SL White's Surf P.I. Apr 20, 2020 #3 Some examples in this thread: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/239088-19th-century-belt-buttons-rr-related.html Upvote 0
Some examples in this thread: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/239088-19th-century-belt-buttons-rr-related.html
BFR Sr. Member Joined Oct 7, 2014 Messages 384 Reaction score 585 Golden Thread 0 Location Lower thumb knuckle Michigan Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 20, 2020 Thread Owner #4 Thanks You!! That would be it!! BFR Upvote 0
C Coin Searcher Tenderfoot Joined Apr 21, 2020 Messages 2 Reaction score 2 Golden Thread 0 Location Ohio Detector(s) used Garret AT-PRO, Garret AT-MAX Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Apr 21, 2020 #5 Awesome Find! Upvote 0