mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you going to be doing fresh water diving. I have a Whites Surfmaster for sale I'm asking $400 for it. I used it last year but got a new Ecal for salt water so I getting rid if the Whites....Matt

OP
OP
C

casttech

Apr 20, 2009
Lonsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter Sharp shooter II, DFX300
Thanks for the offer, but not looking to purchase until i get more information on whats out there.

Im planning on doing mostly fresh water MDing and need more information on MD's out there for underwater. What's the best out there and why. I have a DFX300 and I love it! I want the best machine for underwater in both fresh and salt water but mostly fresh. Can anyone help me ?
thanks

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
casttech said:
Thanks for the offer, but not looking to purchase until i get more information on whats out there.

Im planning on doing mostly fresh water MDing and need more information on MD's out there for underwater. What's the best out there and why. I have a DFX300 and I love it! I want the best machine for underwater in both fresh and salt water but mostly fresh. Can anyone help me ?
thanks

Here are models what you may want to look at:

Garrett Infinium L/S (Land and Sea) dive rated to 200 feet. Pulse Induction, 96 frequencies. Easy to use and learn, excellent on gold and silver in all forms, also loves iron, but the iron is easy to identify and work around. Also already tuned for high mineralization and saltwater, no adjustemts are needed, the most stable machine I hav come across. I personally own this machine.

Garrett Dive Master Exactly like the Infinium, just a little more simplified and a bit cheaper on the price.

Tesoro TigerShark. I dont know what the depth capabilities are, but everyone I talk to that own this machine love it. Also very good on gold and silver in all forms.

OP
OP
C

casttech

Apr 20, 2009
Lonsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter Sharp shooter II, DFX300
thanks a ton CnC! that is exactly the information im looking for. more information the better.

thanks again

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The Vibra-Tector Is what you want for pinpointing or close range detecting.
It is waterproof, about 12" long and has a 4" coil. Just screw in the battery cap and head for the bottom. It vibrates when it finds target. Range is about 6". Uses 1 -9v bat. Mel Fisher used them. Mine works out great.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread