Looking for a 90* Headphone Plug for CTX3030. Any Ideas?

jerryp49

Oct 17, 2015
Royal Palm Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX3030
Garrett Infinium LS,
Garrett AT Pro,
Gray Ghost Amphibian Headphones,
Garrett Pin-Pointer AT,
RTGBB6tip Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hello all,
Last year when I was looking to buy a set of Grey Ghost Amphibian headphones for my CTX3030, I spotted a set being sold on eBay that had a 90* waterproof plug connector installed on them.

I ended up buying a new set that has the standard straight connector. I use mind a lot in the water (Beach) and I had to send them back once because the wires were starting to cause crackling noises in the phones when swinging the detector in the water. The strain relief is not flexible enough and the cable gets to much motion right where it goes into the SR.

Now that I've had them back and been using them for about 3-months, it's starting to do the same thing again. Right now I just zip-tied a small loop of cable to the connector to keep it quiet. But what I'd like to do is replace the stock 'Straight' plug with a 90* connector like I saw on the pair I didn't buy.

I understand that Mouser has the straight ones that can be field installed (8P MALE M12 SENSOR STRAIGHT SOLDER IP68) but does anyone know where I could pick-up one that is 90*?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Jerry

UPDATE:

Jeff from GA sent me this connector info that may just do what I'm looking for:
http://www.newark.com/te-connectivity/t4113001081-000/sensor-connector-m12-plug-8pos/dp/97Y2376?MER=bn_level5_4NP_LastViewed_2

So I just ordered one to check it out.
Thanks for your help, Jeff!

Jerry

Okay guys, here's what I was talking about. Thanks to Jeff In North Georgia for his suggested source for the 90 Plug and the supply of the flex strain relief. It went together easily and should prevent future problems like I was having.

90 Headphone Plug.jpg

Happy Hunting,
Jerry

Nice job on that. I may have to modify mine just cuz I like it.

Looks good, personally I think you will have more stress on the wires with that connector but what do I know...... let us know how it works out.

Cliff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back