Looking for a good yet lightweight metal detector

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How much does your Minelab weigh? Perhaps a Fisher F-75LTD? 3.5 lbs with batteries & 11" coil (maybe 5 oz. lighter with the NEL Sharpshooter coil I most often use). Older, but I'm stll pleased with mine and it is MUCH lighter than what I staretd with.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How much does a Deus 2 metal detector weigh?
The length of the folded stem is 58 cm, length of the extended stem – is 130 cm. Compared with XP Deus, the total weight of XP Deus 2 has become less – 800 grams (9-inch coil, shaft, control unit) and 750 grams without the control unit. This makes the load on the user's hand, back, and shoulder girdle almost minimal.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use a shoulder harness attached to detector shaft, it takes the weight off your arm and puts it on your shoulder, makes detector so much lighter.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With Treasure Hunters suggestion I would also say see about carbon fiber shaft for your existing detector it might take off even more weight.

Flipperfla

Dec 2, 2018
Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use to be pretty active on the forum. Developed tendinitis in my rotator cuff. I have it under control now, need a lighter metal detector besides minelab 600/800 metal detector. Any suggestions?
I agree with Treasure Hunter from above post, I have shoulder issues. 5-10 minutes I was finished…….. Made a harness from an old binocular strap and some zip ties. They also have them on Amazon……….problem solved, can swing for hours now. A bonus was when bending over and kneeling to use my pointer, the detector hangs by my side instead of having to set it down and pick it up all the time.
F1A30434-34B4-47DA-B664-ECC16FEAD5FE.jpeg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Treasure Hunter from above post, I have shoulder issues. 5-10 minutes I was finished…….. Made a harness from an old binocular strap and some zip ties. They also have them on Amazon……….problem solved, can swing for hours now. A bonus was when bending over and kneeling to use my pointer, the detector hangs by my side instead of having to set it down and pick it up all the time. View attachment 2070289
Your are correct đź‘Ť.

I have been using harness for over 10 years, works great and I can swing detector all day with no shoulder issues issues.

DWerk

Oct 18, 2020
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites V3i, AT Pro, Deus 1, Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same problem you do; bad shoulders.. Sold my Whites V3i, got the Deus 1, sold the Deus 1 and AT Pro and got the Deus 2... Light, easy to swing, good solid detector, waterproof.. I also use a strap for a harness. Went to Cabelas and bought a Rifle Sling that was made of rubber type material. Use it on land and in the water

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions