What's new

Looking for a positive ID

Based on the letters I could see in the legend from the pictures on your other thread (added below), I believe this is one of the many variants of counters for use in games, produced in Germany for the US market. They usually have the words “SPIEL MÜNZE” or "SPIEL MARKE" meaning “play money” in German and I believe I can see the word “SPIEL” at one-o’clock on the eagle side:

Spiel Munze.webp


They also often have the word “COMPOSITIONS” or shortened versions of it, and I believe I can see that on the Lady Liberty side beginning at seven o'clock (and also on the eagle side, beginning at eight o'clock):

Comp.webp


If you enter “spiel munze” or "spiel marke" in the search box on the ‘Token Catalog’ site you’ll see numerous examples with various American designs, although There isn’t an exact match. This kind of thing, though:

Spiel Munze.webp


https://tokencatalog.com/display_records.php?view=All+Listings&ta_country=U.S.A.&td_state=All+States&collection=-1&SearchString=&SubmitFilter=Search&DisplayTokensSortBy=SortDescriptor&AlsoSee=&AlsoSeeOption=&DisplayIndexingOption=&SearchStringEveryWord=spiel+munze&SearchStringAnyWord=&ImagedOnlyOption=&action=DisplayRecords
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom