What's new

Looking for advice on the benefits of the Garrett Ace 250

DownEastDetectorist

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2011
Messages
81
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Greenville, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm looking to upgrade to the Ace 250. My main interests are silver coins. Large coppers and gold and silver jewelry. Wondering if there is anyone out there who can offer an opinion on how well the Ace 250 measures up to the task. :P
 
i hunt with a guy who has found plenty of everything you described with his 250! I would say stick with it, its a good machine!
 
Simple to use, easy to customize. Great for coins.
 
The Ace 250 should do just fine for what you're searching for.

For jewelry, you can only discriminate out iron if you want gold. Any more discrimination than that and you start losing jewlery.

You'll be digging a lot of junk as a result, but there's no avoiding that.
 
There is nothing wrong with the Treasure Ace 250. I have one as a back-up and for someone starting out. I use the analogy in motorcycles. My first bike was a 90cc Honda (I loved that machine), then a 250 cc kow, then a 550 Yamaha, then a Harley Sportster. Each one was better than the previous one, however I soon learned their limitations. The same with metal detectors. The 250 is great in parks and other areas where a coin dropped 20 years ago might be only an inch down in the ground. However, at a beach along the ocean the same item could be down a foot or more. A 250 can go in areas my expensive machines can’t, such as playground equipment. I have one machine with a 16.5” coil that I can not turn on in a room. It won’t shut up. Stick with the 250 and learn its limitations and get what you want in the next machine. Most of my machines have paid for themselves. Besides, when you invite someone to go with you it is nice to have a back-up machine. Good luck and I hope this while help you.
 
Look in the Annual Finds forum 2010, I have my Ace 250 finds posted there.
 
for a bit more ($67) at $279 -- look at the delta 4000 by teknetics * it has a 0 to 99 numbers type display vs the lesser amount of "blocks" on the 250 * which forces the 250 to co mingle both good and bad signals into 1 shared block --(which forces you to "dig it all "- like it or not to get the good stuff ) --with the delta's superior sorting ability you will dig up less trash so your actual hunting time will more productive because you will be wasting less time and effort on junk -- no machine is perfect * but the delta 4000 vs the ace 250 is not even close -- ps I do own both machines and will state in my veiw the delta 4000 for a bit more money is the better buy -- but i still use the 250 as a loaner / back up.
 
You will like the little ace250...Just google it & see how well its loved!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom