Looking For Advice on Wetsuit Purchase

srcdco

Dec 11, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Nox-800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking to get a wetsuit, but I don't have a lot of money to spend on it (until the kid is done with college). What I'm looking for is something that will lengthen my water hunting season here in Western NY. I've seen some on Craigslist, but I don't know how good they are. I also don't know how to size one. Normally, I go in the water with a swim suit, t-shirt, and old gym shoes. That's enough when it's warm (mid June through mid September), but I'd like to get out before the docks are out, if possible.

Thank you,
Scott

Upvote 0

BareBones

Aug 20, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Surf PI, Ace 250,Excal 1000,PI Dual Field, Sand Shark
Don't worry about any pee, you can hand wash them if it's really that bad, but first time you use it, your going to mark that wetsuit as your own anyway. Believe me, in really cold water you can't pee in your wetsuit quick enough.

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are several wetsuit cleaners on the market, they clean and condition your wetsuit. Cannot remember the one I have at the moment but you fill the bathtub, add the cleaner swirl the water around some then put the wetsuit in and let it sit for awhile, wetsuits are porous so the cleaner enters all the nooks and crannies and leaves it clean and conditioned.

If you buy a used wetsuit I recommend you do this first, any dive shop carries one or more brands.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread