Awe thanks so much....its something I starting doing and got into it really quick. Check out some of the pictures I have posted of the recent bottles I found. I don't know much about all of them but I have been doing a lot of reading. History is very interesting to me and anything old at that matter. Anyhow Dads good hes just home all the time....i tell you he needs to get out more often. Anyhow please keep informed and maybe when you guys go to that I site I could meet up with you. thanks for keeping me posted and definitely talk to you soon.
Hey, I searched and search for your dad's email address, and I appear to have lost it. PM me through the forum PM system. Because just 2 days ago, I got permission to bottle dig at this Lake St. to Rossi St. tearout project. We are not 100% that the china-town district extended out to where the buildings just came down. The sanborn maps don't show over that far. But ..... because there were 6 or 8 apt. buildings built in about 1953 to 54-ish, we're getting lots of wheat pennies, a few silver dimes, etc....
I'm trying to get my bottle digger friend out there with his ground sonar machine (whatever it's called that detects underground anomalies in ground pack, to find outhouse pits). And he's got the probes, etc.... He's more into bottle digging that me, so I just follow him around when he does it.
So drop me a line, and when/if he does it, and decides there's bottles, I'll loop you in.
Also: Did you hear in the news that there was a major fire on Soledad St. last night ? The bldg . right on the corner of Soledad x Market St. So that building too will be coming down. And there's been buildings there, according to the sanborn maps, since at least the 1880's . So drop me a line, and we'll keep you in on that one too when it gets demolished.