What's new

Looking for Broken China dug up in the Charleston Area

ChasDigging

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
34
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all! I live in the Charleston area in SC, and also am a relic hunter. Overtime, I wound up with enough broken china shards around that my wife insisted I start doing something with them or risk her throwing them out. I decided to start making jewelry and decor out of it and am having some success with it. The problem is, I am always needing more material to work with. I know many diggers who don't even bother picking China pieces up, which is a shame! I was wondering if anyone in the area has a stockpile of china or some that you don't have any plans for and wouldn't mind parting with. I have traded in the past. I could make some things out of it for you as a trade, or I do have some bottles I could think about using for trade. I will post some pictures of what I do with it, Thanks! IMG_0987.webpScreen Shot 2016-04-27 at 8.28.45 PM.webpblue tassel necklaces.webpScreen Shot 2016-02-27 at 10.41.34 AM.webp
 
I like your items you have posted, good work. sorry I don't have any china pcs. never dug any.

if I ever find any, i'll be in touch.

marion
 
Have you considered checking thrift stores for vintage china pieces? Any kind of plate ware is usually inexpensive
 
Last edited:
Do you only want stuff from your area?l
 
I was gonna suggest flea markets if you have them there. Cheap and plentiful. By the way, your jewelry is unique and beautiful...
 
Have you considered checking thrift stores for vintage china pieces? Any kind of plate ware is usually inexpensive

I have thought about this, but I try to specialize with things I have dug up. I call it "Artifact Jewelry" and it helps separate me from anyone else who makes china jewelry
 
I was gonna suggest flea markets if you have them there. Cheap and plentiful. By the way, your jewelry is unique and beautiful...

Thanks! I have thought about this, but I try to specialize with things I have dug up. I call it "Artifact Jewelry" and it helps separate me from anyone else who makes china jewelry.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom