What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Looking for help on ID'ing this item.

11KBP

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
805
Reaction score
1,271
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Great Plains
This was found on an 1850's-1860's military site.
Made of patinated brass or possibly copper.
Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • Item 1.webp
    Item 1.webp
    705.9 KB · Views: 138
  • Item 1a.webp
    Item 1a.webp
    523.5 KB · Views: 85
  • Item 1b.webp
    Item 1b.webp
    643.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Item 1c.webp
    Item 1c.webp
    506 KB · Views: 94
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 81
The side photos remind me of an adjustable burner orifice for a gas-operated appliance; camp stove?
 
Upvote 0
The side photos remind me of an adjustable burner orifice for a gas-operated appliance; camp stove?
The inner and outer sleeves would rotate to change the size of the holes on the sides. The bolt on the end picture makes feel I’m wrong.
 
Upvote 2
Did a brief Google search and came up with a possible theory... center steering valve for a tractor. :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
The only thing I can think of that remotely resembles your find is part of an old sprayer nozzle similar to this one.
Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 8.33.14 AM.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 1
The inner and outer sleeves would rotate to change the size of the holes on the sides. The bolt on the end picture makes feel I’m wrong.
I believe you are on the right track as being a device to control flow of a material or liquid and the threaded end piece was the control to adjust or regulate the flow. Perhaps I'll eventually come across an image of the actual device. Thanks for your thoughts.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom