looking for information about gold dredging in Mali, west africa..niger ?[nigh ger]

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
formerly known as french Sudan..the Niger river flows out of the mountains of Guinea-flows 2400 miles, then curves around toward Timbukto,,then westard andd flows back to Guinea and the Atlantic.it picks up gold from the mountains but run pretty clear as not much silt is picked up..reports of lots of gold..some dredgers doing well..mosly runors and second hand info..looking for someone who knows first hand..thanks
rangler

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just spend about $50,000 buying and transporting a serious dredge with lots of replacement parts, then just start sucking gravel until until you get shot by a local group who doesn't like outsiders working in their country. Oh, and don't forget to bring lots of hard cash for bribes. Most small countries operate on bribes.

malianpower

Tenderfoot
Aug 27, 2013
Bamako
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi rangler, im Moctar, a newbie here and from a google search i came accross you thread here. Im a malian living now in Mali and working in gold mining here. What exact infos do you want about dredging here ? Im working on a dredge business project and i have already collected infos from dredge owners here so i can provide you all infos.

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it were me i would join the hoffman's in guyana. Guyana has good relations with the americans and they speak english. No chinese claim jumpers to worry about.

Attachments

• Todd Hoffman.jpg
    Todd Hoffman.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 577
Last edited:
OP
OP
rangler

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
Moctar,
As gold dredger of 30 years experience..in no cal's yuba rivers, I was asked to go to Mali to run a dredging outfit by a Malinese and his american partner..at first I was ready to go immediatly..but there were very vauge about the conditions..saying that the "unrest" in the north as they put it..were a hundred miles or more away..then I found out the milatary had commited a coup on the govt..holding the president of Mali captive and would release him when 'conditions were right..what ever that means..then I find out the French military went up and down the Niger River stealing everyones gold.. some say dredgers were getting 2-3 ounces per...I am still ready to go, just want some true intel what is exactly going on,,not worried about locals..I am an expert marksman, and can defend myself..especially after a year in Vietnam..
in 1968 abd the Tet offensive. Thanks for anything you can tell me about the gold and the bad guys.
oro for the brave
rangler

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
T'aint a goner do ya a bit a good as them theives come in the middle a the night and blow your head off with a grenade first. All the gold in the world ain't worth it. Turned down multiple african ops due to insane risks hippos the worst. John

OP
OP
rangler

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Mactar for the pm..very much appreciate the Intel from those that know, not speculators..no oro for the timid or the pessimist..I'll have my pass.port and ticket by the end of the flood season..my sluice box tender will have a glock10 and a stick to flick out the cobbles hehe..
thanks again
rangler

malianpower

Tenderfoot
Aug 27, 2013
Bamako
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are welcome Rangler, feel free to contact me about any question and it will be a pleasure for me to help out. I will let you know as soon as the flood season ended for you to plan your trip.If you need a local team worker here, think about me i will be glad to join the adventure as im very fan of gold dredging and moreover with a highly experienced guy like you .

Aquatek

Nov 20, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden.
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Moctar,
As gold dredger of 30 years experience..in no cal's yuba rivers, I was asked to go to Mali to run a dredging outfit by a Malinese and his american partner..at first I was ready to go immediatly..but there were very vauge about the conditions..saying that the "unrest" in the north as they put it..were a hundred miles or more away..then I found out the milatary had commited a coup on the govt..holding the president of Mali captive and would release him when 'conditions were right..what ever that means..then I find out the French military went up and down the Niger River stealing everyones gold.. some say dredgers were getting 2-3 ounces per...I am still ready to go, just want some true intel what is exactly going on,,not worried about locals..I am an expert marksman, and can defend myself..especially after a year in Vietnam..
in 1968 abd the Tet offensive. Thanks for anything you can tell me about the gold and the bad guys.
oro for the brave
rangler

Wow, one year in 68, get real, for one thing if you are caught with a weapon you WILL go to jail so bring plenty of lube as you'll need it. I am currently in security in Africa working with government forces so i will give you some advice, look long and hard at what you are doing. No amount of bravado will help you when you get the 3 oclock knock as you are worth money as a ransom

Take it or leave it, it's not my business, just advice.

Tony A

Dec 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been working in Mali for one year now selling mining equipment, detectors and dredge parts. I am also about to start dredging the end of Jan on the Falme river but I know many working on the Niger. despite what you may hear things are very peaceful and I have not seen or heard of anything to worry about. The so called war is non existent and an excuse to fill the country with UN and french troops who need some training. They are sent to the north where a few extremists are talking to loud. I feel safer here than in Europe and many other African countries I have lived in.
As for dredging the locals are getting around 3-4 grams a day average but they know nothing about dredging and I am surprised they get anything the way they set up the sluice box. I have worked out a 6 inch dredge with a competent 2 man team can get an average of 7-10 grams per day from the Niger working 8 hours a day. If you know how to find pay streaks you will get a lot more than this and I have seen 100 grams per day from many dredges. As for security you will be amazed at how gold is flashed around by the locals and I have had many kilos in my hand and have never seen a gun. If you are smart you will take the normal measures to protect your interest but I would not regard Mali as high risk as far as armed robbery is concerned.
If you are serious about coming to Africa to dredge there are many factors you need to consider, Health, money, family, life style, work is hard and conditions rough and you need to be very clever not to get cheated by everyone around you as they are all trying to scratch a living anyway they can.
There is no social security or help in any form here, you are on your own and I have seen many fail because they have the wrong attitude.
If you want more info let me know.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAHAHAHAH BRING CASH--DIE YOUNG--TO RETAILERS ALL IS WELL BUT TO FOLKS WITH FEETS ON THE GROUND NUTTN' BUT BS TO ENTISE,MT POCKETS AND CROAK-John :tongue3:

Timberdoodle

Oct 17, 2012
Kingfield, Maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great adventure in the spirit of the 49'ers who certainly didn't have any guarantees either. I would just want to know that the potential is worth the risk and not just great wages with a small share running someone else's operation.

Good luck Rangler!!

Tony A

Dec 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great adventure in the spirit of the 49'ers who certainly didn't have any guarantees either. I would just want to know that the potential is worth the risk and not just great wages with a small share running someone else's operation.

Good luck Rangler!!

You negotiate your own share and the risk is as big as you make it. The potential is there!

malianpower

Tenderfoot
Aug 27, 2013
Bamako
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everybody! For all who want to come in Mali to setup dredging business, i want notify you that things are going very well here right now. Many people are now dredging in Niger river near bamako the capital with Keene dredges and mostly artisanal ones.
If need any infos, don't hsitate.

Moctar

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread