What's new

Looking for information on old scissors I found

GB Paleo

Full Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2017
Messages
206
Reaction score
669
Golden Thread
0
Location
Out West in the Great Basin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a Tnet member but not a metal detector. I found these hiking awhile back and was wanting to know if somebody might know anything about them. there are no maknings on them but was hoping to see how old they might be?
 

Attachments

  • scissors.webp
    scissors.webp
    26.4 KB · Views: 105
I know on some scissors, if you open it all the way and look at the inside blade near the pivot point, you can sometimes see the maker's name.
Now granted, that "hint" comes from the only two pair of scissors I own -- both of which are the exact same.
 
Upvote 0
Based on the casting decoration of the finger holes, I'm thinking your scissors date to the late-19thc. :icon_scratch:
Probably lost from a Victorian Period ladies sewing basket.
Are they made of iron or brass.. if iron, they're in an amazing state of preservation and could easily be made useful again. :thumbsup:

These scissors are similar in style to yours and are identified as
, "Elegant antique small sewing scissors made in Victorian England, late 19thc."

Dave
 

Attachments

  • s-l1600.webp
    s-l1600.webp
    13.2 KB · Views: 75
Upvote 0
Electrolysis on those would remove the rust and make them work again.
Very cool find in great shape.
 
Upvote 0
They would clean up nice. Thats a cool find
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom