What's new

looking for maps of indian villages around central ohio. Any help out there.

lady di

Greenie
Joined
Jun 8, 2009
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
canal winchester, ohio
looking for maps of indian villages so that i can find out if the field i hunt was a village site, finding alot of things in this field has to be a village.alot af tools and arrowheads. :hello:
 
thanks for the welcome info was good. Im huntiing a field and im finding alot of small flakes of flint but not finding alot of pcs. I do find pcs like hammerstones and clay marbles found a small bead today want to know if i have found a village site.
 
Try http://www.davidrumsey.com/
I have found a lot of things on their maps. For some reason I'm having trouble looking at the maps today. The IT guys have been futzing with things around here for the last few days so I don't know which end the problem is on.
 
Lady Di, It is a long shot, but try the BLM GLO RECORDS. and do a Survey Search of all your areas nearabouts. The surveys are "Originals", very early, and some will have homesites, fields,trees and ponds sometimes drawn in by the Surveyor. I have also seen where a couple of "Indian Villages " were also included by the Surveyor. It is a stretch, but surely worth a look. HH Cass
 
Uh,,Oh Lady Di, I just looked and there seem to be no Ohio Surveys Listed! Dang,that snuck up on me for sure! Sorry about that! Cass
 
most vilages are located on hills near large creeks close to the mouth where it meets the rivers .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom