looking for my old lady

dimeaday

Dec 6, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
quattro--EXII--Ace 250
somewhere around 55 yrs ago, i was standing at a pasture fence across the road from our house, watching a circus unload and set up..A guy yelled, hey kid you want a job, bout tore my pants off getting over that wire.. This was a pasture and barn no city water, well, hand pump and tank..Ever pump water for a couple of elephants, there were ponies, a camel, plus people were carrying away buckets to water other stock and clean up with. Anyway I had blisters from pumping water and about worn out.. The guy gave me a walking half dollar, lot of money to me. Took off running for home tall grass about 100 yds to the road.. Checked my prize at the road, GONE, somewhere between the well and the road lay my hard earned half dollar, did not find it of course.. Got home my grandpa said the guy probably had a string tied to it..This was turned into a government grain bin site, they are gone now its a cornfield. I believe my half dollar is still there, I have checked several times, lot of trash,but its not what I find that keeps me interested its what I'm about to find.. I'm new to treasure Net, close to computer illiterate, but do greatly enjoy the posts and comments..

S

seger98

Neat story, too bad you lost it, hopefully you will find it again someday, keep trying, it'll turn up.

Welcome to Treasure Net

Chris

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
dimeaday,
neat story.

Thanks for posting; brings back memories, (working circus,
as a kid, when it came to town). ;D

Hope we will be seeing some of your finds.
Welcome.

have a good un..
SHERMANVILLE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread