Looking for some information about some California bottles.

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266
I live in Northeastern lower Michigan and this summer I found a couple of bottles one is from San Francisco. It's a Dr D.B. Vincent's Angel of Life for the Blood. This bottle is known in the bottle collecting world But the other on is not. The one they don't know of is a Dr. Vincent's Egyptian Oil bottle. The bottles have the same panels and I think they are from the same company. I have searched on the web but I can't find anything about them. I would like to research them and the San Francisco Library has online resources (Newspapers, Fire insurance maps, ect) that might have some information. My problem is I am not a resident of California and can not get a library card to access these resources. Do any of you guys know of some other California websites that I don't need a library card so I can research these bottles? Thank's for your time.
Wolverine.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
There are some CA bottle enthusiasts how post on the bottles section of the Kinzli forum. You can try your question there. To get past the beginner page on that forum, you'll need to become a member though. But it's easy: just pick a name, and a password, and someone will eventually approve you to post.

OP
OP
Mich. Wolverine

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266
Thanks Tom. I will give that a shot. If you want to see the bottles I have a post in the bottle forum on the 3rd page under A story of two bottles. Some how my pictures got deleted from my files (which is a mystery) or I would of posted them on here.
Wolverine.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
If for some reason you can't get a membership to the kinzli forum, in order to post your bottle question, you can always send your pix to me (by PM through this forum), and I, in turn, will post them there for you, if you like. And if an answer comes back, I can forward the info to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread