Looking for someone to pan with in NE Georgia!

ejimbo4

Jan 7, 2013
Martin,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello everyone! I live here in Dallas ,Ga. and my wife got me a panning kit for my birthday at the begining of the month and I am excited! Went to a meeting of the Allatoona Panners Club a couple weeks or so ago and have panned some cons in the garage and found me a few flakes of yellow and got the bug bad!LOL! Just wondering if there is anyone in my area that might want to take me out on a Sunday or Monday and clue me in on finding some yellow in a creek? I have located a creek by my house that has everything I was told to look for....grapefruit to football size quartz,mica and blacksand and you can see the flood level.So my son and I dug a couple five gallon buckets and panned those but came up with nothing. So I went back on line and did some more research on reading a creek and think I was totally digging in the wrong spot(Live and learn!)Anyways....I know a lot of people like to wait for the nicer weather but I am down for as soon as someone would want to go out! I am also willing to drive to meet up as long as it's within a hour or two of the house! So please...If anybody wants to show a newbie how it's done...Please hit me up!Thanks in advance!

Sungram

Jan 3, 2013
I'm in the Douglasville area. I'm part of the GPAA and go to Bremen sometimes. I have thought about checking out Sweetwater Creek but I don't have any info a ms to if it would be worth my time. There might be a good place between here and there that might be worth checking out. I'm new at this as well.

OP
OP
ejimbo4

ejimbo4

Jan 7, 2013
Martin,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was thinking about the GPAA? What are your thoughts on it? Have you found any yellow stuff yet? We have but it has only been in cons that were purchased or given to us....

Sungram

Jan 3, 2013
I have found a little bit. When you join the GPAA you get a great pan and a great guide showing all the claims and stuff. Check out the Southern Gold Miners Association also. They are a good group that will help you expand your knowledge of gold panning. Most of what I have found is flour and microgold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions