Hey Buddy, Was in the military, but retarded.....uuuuuu.....retired about 20 years ago. Was first sent to S. Korea in 1974.....shortly after
the S. Korean's President's wife was assassinated.....flew into the airport, and saw that the international airport was ringed with military, and all had M50s and 60s.....and to my young mind, they were ALL POINTED AT ME!!!!

Now I am an owner/teacher in a small English school here. But, began hiking and finding old things in 1976, second trip here.
Now, with the price of gold up, I want to try, at least a couple of times, to go to the areas marked on some old military maps, and
look through the tailings, etc...as some in the States are doing. Don't know if their methods were any better than ours in the States, but assume that there is some smaller stuff still in the hills/mts......and I want to find it.
Tell your son, thank you, for me, for his service in this extremely hard, challenging time. Wish I had known that he was here.....my wife and I would have invited him to dinner to show him our appreciation, and OF COURSE would have tried to talk him into going hiking with me and find some old Korean coins.
I will post, as I find/don't find things. God bless. Best to you. hillhiker in Korea