Looking for used or damaged coil for Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II and/or Infinium

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Does anyone have a used or damaged coil for the Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II and/or the Infinium they are willing to part with in the name of science?

I am building underwater probes for the Sea Hunter and Infinium and you would recieve one of these probes free of charge for your donation. These are custom made and you would be furthering the research and development! I already have a working model for the Sea Hunter Mk II and the Infinium is near complete.

Thanks,

RGecy

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGecy,

Are you making some sort of a pinpointer?If so home depot sells em real cheap.Even cheaper to encase them in potting compound or JB weld to make em waterproof down to any depth.

OP
OP
rgecy

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
FISHEYE said:
Are you making some sort of a pinpointer? If so home depot sells em real cheap.Even cheaper to encase them in potting compound or JB weld to make em waterproof down to any depth.

Actually its a probe like the Fisher and Aquapulse units have. Pinpointers usually have very little range. This is a 24" long probe used to get down into the holes and crevices where search coils cant reach. I built the first one about 2 years ago after using them extensively on the Jupiter Wreck site with Seahunter. I just recently got back in to working on it.

So far, I am able to detect a quarter at 4-5". You are usually lucky to get 2" out of a pinpointer.

Robert

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI RGECY: I modified a 3D twin box 1 " "hot stick" precisely for this . Approx effectiveness is equal to a 7 " coil. I also modified an old 3 ft coil for the Garrett BFO for a 33% increase over the 12" coil in the Sea Hunter..

I suggest that you check on the Garrett old 1" probes for the Master hunter series, they might still have a few in storage. Both of these are co-axial coils wound vertically with a ferrite core.. Have fun.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread