Looking forward to our first ring return!!

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We went to a little park that is all sand. No plugs to deal with! It has been so hot and dry here. Bob found a ring right off that seems to have lost the gold plate long ago. He got a wheat and we got a weird lantern top. It does not have a slit and the rod is very long. It has a little clip on it. It was next to the RR tracks so I am guessing RR but can't find a match. And I got a great class ring with the school, year and complete name!!! We are so excited! Our first class ring was a dead end as we couldn't even figure out the school. I found the name online and tried to call but not a working number. I will try to write her at the address I found. I feel like a stalker! πŸ˜„. Might go back to that park tomorrow. Have a Happy 4th!

Attachments

• 20220702_130958.jpg
    20220702_130958.jpg
    599.1 KB · Views: 219
  • 20220702_222110.jpg
    20220702_222110.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 121
  • 20220702_221911.jpg
    20220702_221911.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 123
Upvote 28

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We went to a little park that is all sand. No plugs to deal with! It has been so hot and dry here. Bob found a ring right off that seems to have lost the gold plate long ago. He got a wheat and we got a weird lantern top. It does not have a slit and the rod is very long. It has a little clip on it. It was next to the RR tracks so I am guessing RR but can't find a match. And I got a great class ring with the school, year and complete name!!! We are so excited! Our first class ring was a dead end as we couldn't even figure out the school. I found the name online and tried to call but not a working number. I will try to write her at the address I found. I feel like a stalker! πŸ˜„. Might go back to that park tomorrow. Have a Happy 4th!
Lenrac2 please share with us the steps you took to find the owner ?

OP
OP
L

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lenrac2 please share with us the steps you took to find the owner ?
With this one, it was easy. The full name engraved inside and the school was in the county and the year gave approximate age so I just googled that info. Not a good phone number though. I am writing. If that don't pan out, I will contact the school or possible relatives.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With this one, it was easy. The full name engraved inside and the school was in the county and the year gave approximate age so I just googled that info. Not a good phone number though. I am writing. If that don't pan out, I will contact the school or possible relatives.
Some times it is nice to learn how others find people . I have found you can learn from EVERYONE and KNOWLEDGE IS VERY HELPFUL> Thanks

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some times i have contacted the schools , Some times i even use Classmates.com Old year books sure help also.

OP
OP
L

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some times i have contacted the schools , Some times i even use Classmates.com Old year books sure help also.
Good ideas for sure! Thanks!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
way cool! Such a cool part of our hobby, wtg!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sir are MOST WE:COME !!

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How fun to find a class ring and go on that mission, I have yet to find one. Good luck!
I believe your lamp top is like this one. I have several like this with different length adjuster stems depending on the globe and base used. Yours is missing the little piece of tubing.

Attachments

• lamp.jpeg
    lamp.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 15

nickums

Jul 23, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look on the school website, a lot of them have lost and found for rings. Also check what company is offering class rings this year, there are only a couple and they also keep a lost and found for the students. GL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread