Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt old cellar holes so I'm looking for coins relics and basically anything else that's in the ground

Garytopman

Jan 3, 2011
Moscow
Detector(s) used
AKA-Signum,Sorex Pro,Kondor.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I compared several detectors of different brands-Minelab,Whites,Fisher.There is another one,from Russia,very deep and has an original item identification,which allows you to see all targets easy-hodograph display.And a lot of functions in setting.The brand,not a model is about 15 years old and very popular.I am not sure to write here all names because of some business reason probably,but if you are interested,I will explain in p.m.and also can send some video.

Chips

Jun 1, 2012
Wellington
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 Ltd, GTAx1000 (Coil Died), AT-Pro (died), Tesoro Sand Shark,Ctx3030, Whites V3i.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Fisher 75ltd or 75SE is a good machine Poppa had some for sale on here for about the price you wanted. There is a lot of local support for it as well. Light on batteries and on weight and the balance. I can swing it all day where as my AT-Pro gives me bit of a sore arm after a 4 hours of detecting. Oh one thing the F75 is what they call a hot box. Right off the mark its pretty well tapped out so is sensitive to EMI and even cell phones. Still even backing sensitivity down to 15% I can still hit my little copper 1cent coins at 6" in my test garden. Mind you to be fair the soil is moist as it near a little stream and the mineralization is not that high.. Best of luck :)

Oh have a look below I cut and pasted a link to the part of the forum where members sell their second hand and even new detectors :)

Treasure Related Stuff For Sale

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I compared several detectors of different brands-Minelab,Whites,Fisher.There is another one,from Russia,very deep and has an original item identification,which allows you to see all targets easy-hodograph display.And a lot of functions in setting.The brand,not a model is about 15 years old and very popular.I am not sure to write here all names because of some business reason probably,but if you are interested,I will explain in p.m.and also can send some video.

You can mention the brand and post a video as long as your not posting it to sell machines :icon_thumright:
I have seen many post videos for Fisher, Whites, Minelab etc. here

Garytopman

Jan 3, 2011
Moscow
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
About russian detectors.

O.K.Thanks for the permission.
Here,it is one of the latest model of AKA brand and it is called Sorex 7281.This is multifriquency detector.To have an imagination about abilities of this detector and about a depth on air,I mention this video here.The length in this video is being measured in cm.There are 4 coins in tests-a small silver approx.8 mm,a cooper one of 25 mm,a bimetal coin of the same diameter and the large one approx.6 cm. 2 coils are used in these tests.The first one is 15" DD and 3 kHz and the second is stock coil 10"DD ( 7 kHz).You can see,that generally,all ferrum targets are defined at the left side of the display and the hodograph goes to the left on different levels,depending of a size of a target and an age of it and all other metals at the right side and their hodographs go to the right and on different level,depending of a metal.Also,you can see VDI identification as an usual one.And polyphonya in sounds ( up to 91 tones) and it can be set also 10 tones-3 tones ...due to your choice.
This is very light detector-approx.1 kg and it works on 1 rechargable battery of 3.7 Volts.Also,it can be more usual version of 4 AA batteries.There are a lot of additional functions in all of AKA detectors.
Mainly,detectors are produced with Russian menu,but due to a user choice,it can be with English menu.
My opinion,that AKA detectors are ones from the deepest VLF detectors in the world,probably,the most deep among all and AKA identification is patented and very original,not similar to any other detectors.
If you have questions,I will answer with pleasure.
Яндекс.Видео

Last edited:

Chips

Jun 1, 2012
Wellington
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 Ltd, GTAx1000 (Coil Died), AT-Pro (died), Tesoro Sand Shark,Ctx3030, Whites V3i.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting thanks for sharing. Always good to see what else is out there :)

O.K.Thanks for the permission.
Here,it is one of the latest model of AKA brand and it is called Sorex 7281.This is multifriquency detector.To have an imagination about abilities of this detector and about a depth on air,I mention this video here.The length in this video is being measured in cm.There are 4 coins in tests-a small silver approx.8 mm,a cooper one of 25 mm,a bimetal coin of the same diameter and the large one approx.6 cm. 2 coils are used in these tests.The first one is 15" DD and 3 kHz and the second is stock coil 10"DD ( 7 kHz).You can see,that generally,all ferrum targets are defined at the left side of the display and the hodograph goes to the left on different levels,depending of a size of a target and an age of it and all other metals at the right side and their hodographs go to the right and on different level,depending of a metal.Also,you can see VDI identification as an usual one.And polyphonya in sounds ( up to 91 tones) and it can be set also 10 tones-3 tones ...due to your choice.
This is very light detector-approx.1 kg and it works on 1 rechargable battery of 3.7 Volts.Also,it can be more usual version of 4 AA batteries.There are a lot of additional functions in all of AKA detectors.
Mainly,detectors are produced with Russian menu,but due to a user choice,it can be with English menu.
My opinion,that AKA detectors are ones from the deepest VLF detectors in the world,probably,the most deep among all and AKA identification is patented and very original,not similar to any other detectors.
If you have questions,I will answer with pleasure.
Яндек�.Видео

OP
OP
Greylock

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info

Garytopman

Jan 3, 2011
Moscow
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only now,I have noticed your question,because this is not my thread on this site so,I did not receive a message for me to remind.
Answer to your curiosity is 2 threads,created on this site about selling AKA detectors.You can find it in-treasure related stuff for sale.
All other questions,concerned,I will answer with pleasure.

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
I loved my AT-Pro. The Whites M6 is a mighty fine machine in that range as well. You may be able to pick a gently used Safari at the upper end of your range. But like I and others have said, the AT-Pro is an amazing machine.

EMF

Dec 3, 2012
Corbin, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax, Tesoro Compadre 5.75" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seriously considered an AT Pro but keep hearing about sore arms and not balanced good. I don't want a detector that I can't use all day if I'm out. Maybe a Tesoro is the way to go for the weight.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was also considering a at pro until I started MDing with 2 guys that have minelabs. One has a safari other is an etrac and all I can say is wow. The guy with the etrac used to have a at pro and said he'll never go back, finding silver were he was at with the at pro. The guy with the safari had a whites m6 and he loves the safari. He said hes getting depper with the safari. So I'm trying to sell some things to pick up a used safari.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions