What's new

Looks human, but not! Help ID please :)

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
1,103
Reaction score
423
Golden Thread
0
Location
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This tooth looks very human but I am quite sure it is not. Human teeth do not have 4 roots and the roots are not spread as wide. Deciduous human teeth have wide roots but this tooth is larger, adult size. Measures 12mm X 10mm and 8mm tall at the enamel area. The roots appear to be broke so don't know how long they would be. My son thinks monkey of some kind. I've come across similar teeth in manatee and tapir. It was found in Florida. Thanks for any help or ideas!! :)



image-3294851650.webp



image-1539487935.webp



image-4259876846.webp
 
I'd go with peccary if I found it.
Great looking tooth
 
Thank you both! I had never heard of a peccary before.... :/
 
Yep. It screams tapir to me but it is likely peccary
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom