Looks Like Easter Came Early Tonite

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
DSCN3398 (2).jpg

Looks like Easter came early tonight. 🐰 I ordered a "BUCKET SLUICE CONCENTRATOR" for my buddy and myself to help separate the gold from the black sand concentrates. Also, got the "CALIFORNIA MINI BACKPACK SLUICE BOX " with a slanted and flared on opening the intake to increase water flow. Both items come with drop riffles, which I am really finding effective for capturing the fine flour gold in the North Saskatchewan River.

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If they don't work, they'd make for nice ice cube trays:)

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
the bucket concentrator works good, i use one i got about 5 years ago

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Nice!
I'm a drop riffle fan too. Love my Angus Mackirks!
I have been dabbling in prospecting for over 30 years. Did the usual cycle, panning, to rocker, to small highbanker, to large highbanker and tried so many different variations of matting - Inverted mesh over minors moss, carpet, dream mat, other commercial available matts, extensions, different gas motors. I read many, many books too. After all that, I am so very happy using my Le'Trap. Good capture rate using a 2200 GPH electric bilge pump. Drop riffles need less water flow to function properly. Less weight to haul around and faster set-ups and tear-downs. I learned through applied experience, that drop riffles, when set up properly work extremely well with a good capture rate in line with all my other types of highbankers.

And I too have a Mackirk, which has attached adjustable legs which I used as an extension to my last metal highbanker. No matter what anyone uses, if it is set up properly, it will get the gold you are searching for in your environment.

Last edited:
OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
the bucket concentrator works good, i use one i got about 5 years ago
Thanks! I just picked up all the plumbing gear and hose to set it up and get it working. I can't wait to try it out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread