What's new

Loose, Rolls and a Box – ERRORS? with pic

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
2,494
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Loose, Rolls and a Box – ERRORS? with pic

I went to pick up a box so I stopped at some banks (imagine that) I found 2 – 40’s and 2 – 1983 / no FG’s in the box. I picked up $454 at the banks, 280 in machine rolls. I did a little better there. 8 – 40’s, 3 – 2006 (jacked up or error) 2-2005’s and a 2004. I have the 2006’s pictured. What do you think, mis-stamp? Oh, and I found a 1956d MDing.
 

Attachments

  • ScreenHunter_008.webp
    ScreenHunter_008.webp
    24 KB · Views: 225
  • ScreenHunter_009.webp
    ScreenHunter_009.webp
    34.3 KB · Views: 208
  • ScreenHunter_010.webp
    ScreenHunter_010.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 217
  • ScreenHunter_011.webp
    ScreenHunter_011.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 207
Upvote 0
Re: Loose, Rolls and a Box ? ERRORS? with pic

Were those machine rolls($280) from a bank that you had never been to before?Or from a box that you couldn't pick up all at the same time?

Those '06's look like they had acid or some other corrosive put on them and then sandblasted to remove the discoloration so they could be spent.Maybe the person who blasted them found them in an unrecognizable state.

Are the reverse's just as bad?

Oh well at least they aren't silver proofs so you didn't find coins that would be worth more if they weren't damaged ;).
 
Re: Loose, Rolls and a Box ? ERRORS? with pic

schramm said:
Were those machine rolls($280) from a bank that you had never been to before?Or from a box that you couldn't pick up all at the same time?


Are the reverse's just as bad?

Oh well at least they aren't silver proofs so you didn't find coins that would be worth more if they weren't damaged ;).
It was my last stop. After buying my box and another 400 worth, that's all I had left. They were from a new box. I am going back tomorrow to get the rest. I saw 1 more bank in town so I will check it. The reverse looks like it was blasted also. I knda thought they looked sand or bead blasted. I guess I will put them back in the reject bag.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom