What's new

Lost class ring - any suggestions

donyoung

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 3, 2014
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Salem, VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetic 2000 Alpha
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm very green with hunting. My Mother-in-law lost her class ring pulling weeds by a very small stream about 50 years ago. The stream is very small, maybe 7-10 inches across, even drys up in summer.

I've only used my detector a few times but really wanting to do more. It says its water proof, i guess my question is what are the do's and don't of searching in water.

Oh forgot, I have a Teknetic 2000 Alpha.

Thanks
 
I'm very green with hunting. My Mother-in-law lost her class ring pulling weeds by a very small stream about 50 years ago. The stream is very small, maybe 7-10 inches across, even drys up in summer.

I've only used my detector a few times but really wanting to do more. It says its water proof, i guess my question is what are the do's and don't of searching in water.

Oh forgot, I have a Teknetic 2000 Alpha.

Thanks

Just the coil is water proof, don't get the box wet.
 
My only other suggestion is get out a similar ring and see what it reads/sound like and remember that when you go searching for the lost ring.
 
Since it dries up in the summer, hit it then. Put your machine in all metal, go slow and dig all signals. Using a pinpointer will speed up your target retrieval. I'd also suggest a long handled spade or small shovel to let you dig faster. And bring a big bag for trash, there is likely to be a lot of it.
 
Just go there and hit it. There won't be any trash in a garden and that small amount of water is not even worth thinking about. Dig all signals. good luck, 50 years is a long time, but gold lasts forever. Frank...
111-1 profile.webp
 
Thanks for the advice.

I just permission to search the yard of a house over 100 years old across the street from the ring location.

heading out this weekend and feeling lucky.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom