"Lost Diary of Thomas J. Beale."

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That simply is not true and you know it. Remember the Confederate Treasury Coins that are in my avatar. Look back you can find it. No worries about posting my treasures as they were filed on my Income taxes. Where is your finds? Counting the six gold coins, there were a total of 18 coins found, inventoried and sold. And I might add they were filed on my Income Taxes. I also found one of the two-gallon jugs that Secretary of the Treasury George Alfred Trenholm drank his Peach Brandy from. You can see the jug along with all the other bottles found all dated before 1880. I have individual photos of all the coins and findings if you would like to visit my office to see them. Hunter of Lost Treasures, LLC. Plus I have 3 copyrights at the Library of Congress and two books published. Did you notice one of the coins is a British Shilling, also a German Thaler. My partner that passed away last year had three of the coins I gave him, one 8-reale Mexican Silver Dollar, one French Gold Coin and a mint shape Indian Head Penny. I also gave one Mexican Silver 1853 to my brother-in-law in W.Va. He should still have it.

Attachments

• CSA COINS CHRISTMAS 2008.jpg
    CSA COINS CHRISTMAS 2008.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Mexican Coin Keg found on Christmas Day, 2008.jpg
    Mexican Coin Keg found on Christmas Day, 2008.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Dig for Mexican Silver4 Keg.jpg
    Dig for Mexican Silver4 Keg.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 24
  • CSA COINS found on Christmas Day, 2008b.jpg
    CSA COINS found on Christmas Day, 2008b.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Dig for Mexican Silver Keg3.jpg
    Dig for Mexican Silver Keg3.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Secrets of the Lost Confederate Gold.jpg
    Secrets of the Lost Confederate Gold.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Lost Diary of Thomas J. Beall Cover.jpg
    Lost Diary of Thomas J. Beall Cover.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL....I've ACTUALLY found more metal detecting that all of the fantastical treasure Franklin has "claimed" to have found yet has never been able to show one iota of proff that he did.
You have have you , I didn't realize I was talking to such an elite master treasure hunter ....singlestack wonder...

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That simply is not true and you know it. Remember the Confederate Treasury Coins that are in my avatar. Look back you can find it. No worries about posting my treasures as they were filed on my Income taxes. Where is your finds? Counting the six gold coins, there were a total of 18 coins found, inventoried and sold. And I might add they were filed on my Income Taxes. I also found one of the two-gallon jugs that Secretary of the Treasury George Alfred Trenholm drank his Peach Brandy from. You can see the jug along with all the other bottles found all dated before 1880. I have individual photos of all the coins and findings if you would like to visit my office to see them. Hunter of Lost Treasures, LLC. Plus I have 3 copyrights at the Library of Congress and two books published. Did you notice one of the coins is a British Shilling, also a German Thaler. My partner that passed away last year had three of the coins I gave him, one 8-reale Mexican Silver Dollar, one French Gold Coin and a mint shape Indian Head Penny. I also gave one Mexican Silver 1853 to my brother-in-law in W.Va. He should still have it.
Looks like you too found a few coins metal detecting.

Of course your book has been proven to contain false information by the scientific analysis done by GoDeep.

There are many published books of fiction.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where are your finds and your published books. Or are you actually able to get up out of chair from your computer. And for your information no one has debunked anything. It was a draw. My research as much right as GoDeep's research. Both can be found on the Internet by scientific experts.

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old singles tackle is all over Franklin, he just can't stand somebody looking for something he just might find .you better quit looking before he gets mad like he goes off like fireworks at any oak island post. Single-track is just looking out for you and really hates to see you waste your time.....
Par for the course with him and his pal GoDeep. Funny.

Many past treasures were considered myths or old wives tales and then they were discovered by people in the field. Not armchair hunters & historians.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And for your information no one has debunked anything. It was a draw. My research as much right as GoDeep's research. Both can be found on the Internet by scientific experts.
In my opinion, i wouldn't have characterized the evidence at the time of the thread a "draw", but Irregardless, further evidence was compiled that was never posted as the thread was quickly locked, but a core sampling of the tree, dated it at 81 years old, meaning the tree was "born" at the dawn of WWII in 1939. This is corroborated by the aerial photos that show it was just a young tree in 1955 (see attached pictures of its growth over the years). This irrefutable evidence means the beech tree in question on your book cover, came nearly a century after the civil war and KGC, so any markings on it simply cannot be attributed to those groups, treasures, timeframes or events.

For those unfamiliar with core dating a tree, a tiny diameter boring tool is bored all the way to the middle of the tree and a core sample withdrawn, allowing one to get the most accurate age possible by counting the actual growth rings: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Increment_borer

beechfinal3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my opinion, i wouldn't have characterized the evidence at the time of the thread a "draw", but Irregardless, further evidence was compiled that was never posted as the thread was quickly locked, but a core sampling of the tree, dated it at 81 years old, meaning the tree was "born" at the dawn of WWII in 1939. This is corroborated by the aerial photos that show it was just a young tree in 1955 (see attached pictures of its growth over the years). This irrefutable evidence means the beech tree in question on your book cover, came nearly a century after the civil war and KGC, so any markings on it simply cannot be attributed to those groups, treasures, timeframes or events.

For those unfamiliar with core dating a tree, a tiny diameter boring tool is bored all the way to the middle of the tree and a core sample withdrawn, allowing one to get the most accurate age possible by counting the actual growth rings: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Increment_borer

View attachment 2063200
Here is the thing of and about the tree. It makes no difference as the veracity of the treasures. It is carved into the tree, whether during or shortly after the American Civil War as there are clearly "Love Graffiti" with dates in the 1830's. All of the Confederate Treasury carvings could have been done at a later date by someone that had known or inherited the information through and by the Freemasons. But the dates are on the tree such as May 3, 1865. Whether carved in 1865 or not by the carvings being on there and the symbology being used in two and three different directions, and the carvings like art work. I mean the serpents almost looked real like they could bite you. But of course after photographs I had to mess them up so no one in the future could find that "KEY" all of the other carvings are still there but not the "KEY"

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the entire key to your evidence now means nothing? If that’s the case it proves your work to be fiction.

In the past you have stated many times that you have utilized “mediums” to obtain information about your “finds”. Did the mediums tell you to write a fictional story using the tree in question?

Now that the tree in question has proven to be impossible to have been around at the time you claim folks carved clues into it and you also admit that you carved over carvings (manufacturing evidence?), your story changes yet again.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I am saying is no one would carve "love graffiti" and back date it to the 1830's. Stupid to think that. Also what I have deciphered from the tree has lead to treasure locations. The treasures are so large, so deep and on property mostly where permission will never be granted. Such as the three in Danville are all in a cemetery. Not the same cemetery but three different cemeteries. A 4th treasure, I have located not too far from there is under a highway. Without deep pockets this sort of treasure and the locations can not be recovered. I have been to some of the other sites such as the one up near Winchester, Virginia---no permission. I have been to a really large coin depository in Roanoke County, Virginia. It is buried in an iron ore mine. Well there are hundreds of these mines about 100 feet apart from the bottom of the mountain to the top of the mountain. So how is one to proceed to recover these treasures.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the thing of and about the tree. It makes no difference as the veracity of the treasures. It is carved into the tree, whether during or shortly after the American Civil War as there are clearly "Love Graffiti" with dates in the 1830's. All of the Confederate Treasury carvings could have been done at a later date by someone that had known or inherited the information through and by the Freemasons. But the dates are on the tree such as May 3, 1865. Whether carved in 1865 or not by the carvings being on there and the symbology being used in two and three different directions, and the carvings like art work. I mean the serpents almost looked real like they could bite you. But of course after photographs I had to mess them up so no one in the future could find that "KEY" all of the other carvings are still there but not the "KEY"
Cool story, but with the tree now being definitively dated to WWII era via the most accurate way possible (core sampling), any claimed dates from the 1800's on there would be semi-modern forgings. Even you yourself admitted you defaced a carving on the tree in a National Cemetery to conceal a "key" (a shocking admission in its own right given your claim to be a historian).

Can you post up pictures of these dates on this very tree in question? The local historian I had examine the tree photographed all sides of it and i can't make out any dates on it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GoDeep, There was a very good reason for what I did. The tree is dying and being ripped apart by the winds. The tree is cracked in it's trunk all the way to the roots in the ground. The limb in question where this was located was broken by the winds and has been removed by the workers at the cemetery or some contractor. As far as photos, get your own the way you did of the tree. I have hundreds and I have looked with a microscope of all the trunk and limbs and even the roots of that tree. I will keep everything for myself and my company. It will all be revealed when and if I get to recover some of these 58 Depositories. This is not the only tree. There were 7 others in two other nearby cemeteries. Some of the other 7 trees; a couple of them were on the History or A&E movie about the Confederate Gold by Hillbilly Bob Brewer and John London. The problem they had is they got that information from a partner and his wife that had double crossed me and at that time the two or three trees is all that was known. They got paid $5,000 each for doing the show. I found the other 6 trees after their television broadcast. So much for being double crossed.
One had been destroyed before I found the rest. There are compass readings and distance in feet and yards from one tree to another. As there were 8 trees, there are also 8 graves that contain the maps to these depositories of treasure. One is a "Master Grave" as it has all the maps to all of the 58 Depositories. The smallest of these depositories contain over 30 tons of gold, the larger contain upwards of 100 to 1000 tons. Two of the other 7 graves; one contains 10 depositories of treasures under the name of President Jefferson Davis, it is written in handwriting upside down and backwards. The other grave contains 3 depositories of larger deposits of treasure belonging to General John Breckenridge, these three depositories are within 50 miles of Danville, Virginia. One of these depositories contain 8 each 30 gallon pots of gold coins about $5 Million face value and 889 large gold brick of the 80# variety; about 35 tons of gold bars and about 8 tons of gold coins. I have all the inventories of the depositories, the one in Roanoke County is over $21 Million all in gold specie. There is $5 Million up near Winchester, Virginia; $5 Million on the Ohio River in what is today West Virginia; a depository in Tennessee has another 889 large 80# gold bricks. But to find any of these depositories you need the maps concealed in the "Master Grave" The "Master Grave" was where my ggggrandfather was buried with another soldier's name on the tombstone. I searched for this grave from the time I was five years old. Finally finding the grave in 2011, after 52 years of searching. So do what you want, believe what you want, but you will have to do your own research. I put some of this information in my book of the 58 depositories but not enough so anyone can find any of them. There are also photos of some of the carvings you asked about in the book. There is also over 144 depositories listed West of the Mississippi.

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tree in question has been scientifically proven to not have been in existence at the time Franklin claims clues were carved into it by “depositors of treasure”.

Yet Franklin claims he has found even more treasure depositories……Franklin’s depositories found #’s are phenomenal……yet he alway has an excuse why none can ever be recovered……the pattern continues.

And NO…..I will not be purchasing your book of fiction.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am glad. I was scared you may learn something and then have another thousand questions. I answer all my questions myself. I don't ask questions of others.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just as with your ever changing templar stories…

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The poor guy is so afraid you just might find something and it's killing him ...
LOL….you folks that buy into this fiction probably beleive the hoax of oak island is not a scripted fictional reality show.

I‘ll always support factual scientific evidence such as what GoDeep provided over total nonsense

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was scared you may learn something

I too, hope you aren't scared to learn something new! I don't think we can underestimate the magnitude of what has been revealed in just the past few days, information that literally re-writes and dispels many past claims. It's literally back to the drawing board.

First, as accurately stated by Franklin back on Dec 2, 2021 on the talking tree thread:
you can not determine the age of this tree any other way than to cut it down and count the tree rings.
And that's exactly what was done, a core sampling was taken so the rings could be accurately counted and it turns out the tree is 81 years old (82 now as that was over a year ago).

Second, now, just today, we learned that an alleged "Key" was on the Beech Tree at Danville National Cemetery, and it was defaced and the branch it was on died and removed:
But of course after photographs I had to mess them up so no one in the future could find that "KEY" all of the other carvings are still there but not the "KEY" The limb in question where this was located was broken by the winds and has been removed by the workers at the cemetery or some contractor.

Third, going back and researching your past posts, we find that on May 31, 2020 in the "Confederate Gold in Danville" thread, this alleged "Key" was the ONLY key and that you claimed to have solved the key:
What was written in code on the beech tree will never be known until my partner and I get to recover the treasures. All 58 of them. The "KEY" was broken after we found it. There is no other "KEY."

Fourth, you also stated in that thread:
Albert Pike did not have the "Key." The "Key" was on the beech tree it was removed forever. Sorry but your "key" will not work.

Lastly, now that we know the age of the tree, your "key" you've previously thought and testified was carved around or near the civil war, turns out to be just "modern" graffiti and isn't the key to finding any "58" depositories or any other treasure deposits so it's back to the drawing board in finding a credible "key" to these alleged treasures!

Last edited:
OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but you are wrong about everything you have posted.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but you are wrong about everything you have posted.

Your posts and no doubt your book categorically and definitively state the Danville National Cemetery Beech tree and its carvings date from the 1800's. Yet now, irrefutable evidence shows the tree to not have even come into existence until nearly a 100 years after your timeframe claims, making any carvings on it nothing more than graffiti from the mid to later part of the 20th century and into the early 21st century, which in fact makes all your claims regarding the tree wrong, but sure, stick with the "other guy is all wrong defense".

I guess, one can't let the facts get in the way of a good old fashioned treasure tale...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread