Lost my detector, looking for a replacement

AbacheBronco

Jan 3, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,
Lost my Garrett ACE 350 on New Years day as I rode my ATV to relic hunt with my cousin. The strap holding it down broke, and someone found it before I could backtrack to it.
I am looking for one with an easy to read display for relic hunting. My username is supposed to be ApacheBronco, so I am old and visually challenged. Any recommendations for large displays appreciated. Happy hunting!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

AbacheBronco

Jan 3, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just discovered the Striker z60, it has a backlit screen. Looked at the Equinox 600, black on grey screen (Like Garrett) is tough to read. Was hoping for something with color. I am not yet worthy of the XP Deus. Good options, thank you!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat::occasion14: :headbang:
Minelab Vanquish 340 looks like the meter is large plus multi frequency.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! What Rusty Gold said and look at the XP Orx. It costs less than the Deus. Where you will see the difference is in iron separation, so if you have a house site, that's what I'd recommend.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...Lost my Garrett ACE 350...looking for one with an easy to read display for relic hunting...
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard AbacheBronco! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved ya from NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS over to METAL DETECTING for more exposure.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch some of the comparison videos I think I remember seeing one where the backlit screen was red light with black VDI.

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum.

One of the mods may be able to correct the spelling on your screen name or tell you how you can accomplish it if you are so inclined.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In the option menu of a lot of the new digital displays there will be the back light option and display read out as a larger font.

It sucks to loose a detector, lost a few over my life and still sort of stings when thinking about it. Kind of like loosing an old friend when one has the 1000hrs under the belt and know it well.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat::occasion14: :headbang:
Minelab Vanquish 340 looks like the meter is large plus multi frequency.

and perhaps the Vanquish 540 Pro pack, 2 coils w/wireless head phones with Multi IQ. about $500, but way more detector than the ACE 350. Just a thought, nothing more, and good luck to you,

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,
Lost my Garrett ACE 350 on New Years day as I rode my ATV to relic hunt with my cousin. The strap holding it down broke, and someone found it before I could backtrack to it.
I am looking for one with an easy to read display for relic hunting. My username is supposed to be ApacheBronco, so I am old and visually challenged. Any recommendations for large displays appreciated. Happy hunting!
Welcome to Treasure net I have a Ace 350 I will ship to you if your in the USA for $230.00 I also have a GPZ 7000 like new i would consider sending you for $6,500

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Simplex has back lighting if needed, largish VDI too.
Also the Fisher F-19 is a good performer, I see, and there are others too - now, you have to decide...!
Welcome to T-Net!

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps you would apprechiate something more sound oriented rather than display oriented. There is a lot to choose from; Pirate, Golden mask, xp........ It also offer some magic influence on your neck pains if you have any.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just discovered the Striker z60, it has a backlit screen. Looked at the Equinox 600, black on grey screen (Like Garrett) is tough to read. Was hoping for something with color. I am not yet worthy of the XP Deus. Good options, thank you!
You can't become "worthy of a Deus" until you own a Deus. When it comes to detecting farm fields where there used to be homesteads, the Deus rules. I don't even consider using my Nox at this time of year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread