What's new

Lost my main bank!

jersey devl

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
335
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro: Cortes,Tiger Shark,& Vaquero
Walked into my main bank today just to deposit some cash, and my friendly coin purchase agent comes appologising to me profusly about not able to order me halves ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!! No fees/charges for boxes ,No limit (1-2 boxes a week) NO MORE!!! TPTB gave her a thrashing about how much she has been ordering and taking in that they put a total stop to it immediately.
From the beggining she said it was no problem as long as I ordered $1000 minimum and there were no charges and that it was NO PROBLEM for me to bring them back after looking through them (dump)...I opened another account just to be safe about the dumps as to not have as much going in as comming out, but still now-nothing...GRRRRRRRR.
I guess the biggest bitch is that banks kiss your rump to use your $ to their advantage but HELL NO if you try to make a buck off the banks resources...all I can say is MFB management has hit a new low in customer service as far as Im concerned!
As far as pulling my cash out of there-it already is I dont trust the banking system and thats why Im in PM's anyway, but I know if I had $50,000 in there it wouldnt have been a problem...customer service,lol!

JUST HAD TO RANT ABOUT IT!!! Sorry.
 
Upvote 0
wow i was just thinking about buying a box of halves i figured i would try it but if its that much work to get one i dont know if i wanna also how much does one box weigh. thanks

SEMPER FI :icon_sunny:
 
You got halves from this bank and then brought them back to this same bank? I think that may be what had caused the problem with upper management.

All they saw is their cost for getting halves and then another cost that they had to pay to send them back. If you had just ordered them there and then got rid of them somewhere else the bank may have seen it as helping a business or something. Or if you got them somewhere else and then took them to this bank they may also have thought that they are helping a business.

But one good thing - if they will still accept your dumps then use them for that purpose. I have found it is really easy to get halves, but dumping them is a real pain.

Marine - a $500 box of halves weighs 25 lbs if all clad. I have no problem with a 2 box pickup. You being a marine should be able to get 4 at a time :D

Happy Hunting,

Scott (MI)
 
Jersey,

That's too bad. It sounds like you had a good situation with that bank. Unfortunately, I believe that more and more stories like yours are going to be heard in the next year or two as CRHing grows.

My buy bank (former) recently told me that there would be a charge per box. I was the only one buying boxes from them (what they told me), and only bought about 2 per week, yet they said my buying was halves was "costing them too much" (I never brought my dumps to their bank, only bought). Since then I have been getting boxes at different banks without a problem. I am going to avoid just using one bank as my buy bank so as to hopefully not increase their costs for ordering so many halves. I might try getting one box every two weeks from each bank. But if others are buying there too it may just be a matter of time before they stop.

As far as paying for boxes, that may sound like a good idea to some if the cost is not too high, but I believe that once it is acceptable by CRHers to pay for boxes and the banks recognize that, they will all charge for boxes and will keep increasing the fees over time, until it is far too cost prohibitive. And if the boxes are skunks, paying for them will put you negative dollar-wise.

You might want to try US Bank or BOA, they are pretty good to work with from what I have seen.

Jim
 
Yeah I know its not nice to pick up and dump at the same bank , but I was assured it was no problem.O'well I will continue to dump there until they start charging for that too!

Jim,
another one of my banks is Lasalle who was just bought by BOA, I have had no problems with them, but the CWI boxes from them have been crap lately!
I have another new account that will be happy to order and the delivery days of the week actually work out well for me....I "roll" on lol! :coffee2:
 
Hey Devl, you have a place to order from so hit em hard ...eye of the tiger , the quest goes on :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom