Lost Pets

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many of you have lost a pet and later recovered it. I was born in Allegan Michigan When i was 6 I moved to Kalamazoo Michigan some 35 miles apart. When i was about 9 we got a cocker spaniel puppy . I named him Lucky. I loved this dog my dad did not have the same feeling, We had lucky for about 4 years and my dad gave him to his friend in Allegan. I think it was because lucky was not being taken care of properly Best I can recall. My dad was not a mean person. I was heart broken to say the least. About a couple months my dads friend called and told us Lucky had run away :( Now i can still remember these feelings. I was heart broken again. We even drove back over to Allegan looking for lucky with pout any luck!! About 2 weeks later in Kalamazoo I heard something whining at the back door it was LUCKY :) My dad was happy and so was the rest of the family was so HAPPY!! No one knows how he got back but my dad said he will stay here from NOW ON!!!

I hope i did not bore any one with my story. Do any of you have a incident you would care to share . Please do so.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never lost one of my own pets, but as a retired 27 year UPS Delivery Driver, I was able to return many dogs and cats to their proper homes. Thankfully, they had tags on them with the address. I would be heartbroken if we had lost any of our own pets. They are a part of your family.

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We had one dognapped. We put up flyers with a tiny reward and got an anonymous tip on the location. My husband and son went nearby and called. Immediately recognized his bark and called the police to come and assist in retrieving the dog. They knocked and called Rascal and he came running out. Obviously our dog so ended without a problem. He was only missing about a week or so.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Around Feburary of 1991 I got a Beagle puppy named him Buddy. In August is usually Pro Football Hall of Fame . On Wednesday evening they had fireworks scheduled So i took my wife and Buddy to watch them. I live about 25 miles South East of Canton Ohio. When the fire works started Buddy Jumped out of my car window and ran off. I tried to catch him but no luck. I went back around 2 am Thursday morning calling him to no luck. a police office asked me what i was doing and i told him trying to find my dog he had ran off during the fireworks. He did not know where i live but told me he would find his way back home. I went back Friday morning and Saturday and no luck. All that week i called the dog pound, All the animal shelters the street departments and police department to see if he had ben found or run over. At noon on Sunday my wife said lets go look for buddy. I told her no he was gone. She told me one more time looking will not hurt, I then made up lost pictures and phone number to call me offering a reward. About 2 pm I had all the posters done and we headed for canton. O the way there i stopped at a clients home and told him about losing Buddy. He said OH NO NOT BUDDY and wished me luck. As I was putting up; the reward posters and guy told me he remembered seeing the dog but would not let him get close. Around 8:30 pm we started home . about 1 mile North of Waynesburg on State RT 43 I thought seen a deer's eyes in my head lights right next to a guard rail. I slowed down as to hit it. Under guard rail was a dog hiding. I called out Buddy and he charged my Car i opend the door and he jumped in Whining and yelping like "Where have you BEEN" His nose was raw and so were the pads of his feet he was jumping back and forth between me and my wife. Where we found Buddy he was about 5 miles from where we live. I would also like to add on Hall of fame week there is probably 1/2 to 1 MILLION people in the area, Only a couple main roads to Malvern . and TWO INTERSTATE HIGHWAYS.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread